Face coverings. Shields. Social distance. For most, these new words were added to our vocabulary in the last few months. But knowing how to put these safety words into action in our lives outside of work can be more challenging.
That’s why we’ve created the UI Health Care COVID-19 Safety Pledge.
Read the pledge
My Pledge For Safety
As a member of University of Iowa Health Care, I volunteer to demonstrate and role model COVID-19 safety behaviors outside of the workplace and with others who are not members of my household.
I pledge to:
- Wear a face covering (mask, shield, or both) when in proximity to others
- Social distance at least six feet from others
- Avoid large gatherings where social distancing is not possible
- Choose the outdoors as a gathering space
- Wash my hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer often
- Avoid touching my face
I do this so I can:
…protect the patients we serve
…protect my friends, family, colleagues, and community,
…serve as a role model for my community, and
…slow the transmission of COVID-19.
To support COVID-19 safety in my community, I will:
- Use resources also available at uihc.org/COVID-19 toolkit and the We Stand for Safety Hub
- Encourage co-workers to both sign the COVID-19 Safety Pledge, and adhere to safety practices while outside of work
- Encourage family and friends to follow safety practices
About the UI Health Care COVID-19 Safety Pledge
This is an entirely voluntary pledge that shows our UI Health Care team is committed to leading as examples of safety in our community.
It provides easy, tangible ways to be safe outside of work while continuing about our lives. All members of UI Health Care are invited to sign their name to this pledge.
How will the pledge make us safer?
The UI Health Care COVID-19 Safety Pledge outlines six simple things we can do everyday to make our lives—and the lives of those around us, including our patients and coworkers—safer. If we all do our part, we will make a difference.
The challenge is on
Our goal is to have 80% of UI Health Care sign the pledge to show their commitment to safety in our community. We’ll be tracking our progress below.