Riskonnect—our safety incident reporting system—is an intuitive, user-friendly platform that allows employees to report incidents in three different categories: patient event, visitor event, or employee event.
You can submit an incident report in Riskonnect through:
For more information, visit the Quality Improvement Program (QuIP) page on The Point or contact the QuIP team at 319-467-6543 or email@example.com.
Video tutorials (2–5 minutes)
- Adding a New Review
- Changing a Location
- Degree of Harm
- Icon Selection and Submitting an Incident Report
- Lookup Fields
- Attaching a Document to an Event
- Creating and Emailing an Event PDF
- List View
- Manager Reviews
- Reports and Dashboards
- Tab Management
Change request form
Use the change request form to request changes in Riskonnect.
Once in the form, users can select one of eight types of requests:
- Clinical/Shared Services and Departments
- NEW: Health Information Management (4/19/22)
- NEW: Surgery – Trauma
- NEW: Cedar Rapids – Urgent Care (5/10/22)
- Child Psychiatry Unit moved from 1JPE to 1JPW (4/19/22)
- NEW: Rehabilitation Therapy Sites (MC)
- NEW: OPAT Sites (8/1/22)
Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy (OPAT) safety incident reports are now to be documented in Riskonnect.
How to document these events:
- Select “Patient Event” on the main screen
- Click the “Treatments & Therapies” Icon
- Under “Type of Treatment & Therapy,” choose “OPAT (Outpatient Parenteral Anti-Microbial Therapy)”
- Choose the type of OPAT complication under “Type of OPAT Issue”
NOTE: For location, under Primary Facility choose “Satellite Sites” and for Primary Location choose “OPAT Sites.”