Spanish and larger font options, better design, printing no longer mandatory, and more
An updated After Visit Summary (AVS) has already rolled out to all ambulatory clinics and to the Emergency Department. The new AVS will roll out to inpatient areas on March 27.
- Easier to read and better organized for the patient
- Large and XL font sizes available
- Option to print in Spanish: Both Spanish and English versions will be documented in the medical record, and both versions will print out for the patient. Note: Not all content will be available in Spanish.
- MyChart will now store a snapshot PDF of the AVS tied to that visit (so the AVS of a specific visit will no longer change once it’s in MyChart).
- Printing: Patients can choose if they want a printout of the AVS or not, and server printing is used when available.
- For patients not on MyChart: Shorter MyChart signup instructions with activation code on the first page of the AVS
- Ability to make additional reports for printing (e.g., Bright Futures)
- Customization to meet other requests from Joint Office of Compliance, end users, and patient advisory councils
Learn more and get instructions on these updates on the Epic Education A–Z site.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.