We are caring for 757 inpatients and have 4,266 outpatient visits today.
High: 74 Low: 53 Sunny
High: 79 Low: 65 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
Now you can use uichildrens.org to schedule primary care visits with UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital pediatricians. This convenient new feature is available on multiple pages throughout our site to make it as easy as possible for you to schedule an appointment for your child.
Residents and faculty should not supervise or evaluate the academic performance of any Carver College of Medicine student for whom they have provided health care, including psychological care, and other medical/PA students should not be involved in the student’s care.
News: In The Loop
When a group of nurses attended a bone marrow transplant conference in Salt Lake City, Utah, they had no idea that the information they were about to learn would so dramatically change the way they work.
Mary Charlton, an associate professor with the UI College of Public Health and Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center research member, said hospitals that are accredited by the Commission on Cancer are linked to better outcomes for cancer patients, Iowa Public Radio reports.
Events: Join us
- Men’s Health Matters seminar: Sexual Health and Relationships: 6 p.m. tomorrow, UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing
- Candidate for director of the Office of the Patient Experience: Phil Shaw, MEM, noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Skills for Educators Workshop: Interactive Lecturing, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. tomorrow, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Science Thursday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. tomorrow, with food trucks, musician Lojo Russo, and All of Us Journey, NIH research program exhibit
- Spiritual Services Labyrinth Walk: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow, East Room (Elevator D, Level 8); open to patients, staff, and visitors
- Frontiers in Pediatrics Research Seminar presents Anthony Fischer, MD, PhD, on “Initiation and maintenance of chronic bacterial infections in cystic fibrosis,” noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Call the Patient Access Center at 2-1095 to accelerate follow-up clinic appointments for patients who need them prior to discharge and within a tight time frame.
- Can’t find your vehicle? Is your battery dead? The motorist assistance program by UI Parking and Transportation is offered year-round, on an as available basis. Call 319-335-8312.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- UI staff nurses, APNs, and nurse leaders employed in direct patient care departments are invited to participate in research about quality improvement. Go to bit.ly/326KruV or contact email@example.com.
Outside UI Health Care
The Iowa City City Council passed a resolution to sign a contract with Gotcha Mobility LLC that would allow the company to offer bike sharing in Iowa City, The Daily Iowan reports.
College students at the UI will easily be able to walk to a TargetExpress along Washington Street in Iowa City by the end of next summer, KCRG reports.
Walmart is dramatically cutting back sales of ammunition and asking shoppers to refrain from openly carrying firearms in its stores, NPR reports.
Hong Kong’s embattled leader Carrie Lam has finally fully withdrawn a controversial bill that allowed extradition to mainland China and sparked three months of dramatic protests in the financial hub, CNN reports.
Catcher Willson Contreras was activated from the injured list and homered in the first at-bat of his return to the starting lineup against the Seattle Mariners, ESPN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.