We are caring for 791 inpatients and have 4,176 outpatient visits today.
High: 50 Low: 37 Cloudy
High: 58 Low: 43 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
Halloween is only a few weeks away, making it a good time to remind individuals working, learning, and volunteering at UI Hospitals & Clinics that the Professional Appearance Policy (HR-03.21) prohibits holiday or event-themed costumes, including Halloween costumes, with the exception of UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
News: In The Loop
UI Health Care is dedicated to serving the health care needs of our UI family. We have worked diligently to ensure UIChoice members (as well as UISelect members beginning in 2020) can get care easier and faster.
Have you been putting off getting your flu vaccine? Well today’s your day! The employee flu vaccination clinic will be in the Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1) until 6:30 p.m. this evening. Stop by to get your free flu vaccine, and make sure you take the flu survey in ReadySet ahead of time.
Events: Join us
- Skills for Educators Workshop: Effective Feedback, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. tomorrow, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Team Science Training Workshop: 2 to 3:30 p.m. tomorrow and Thursday, Oct. 24, C44-A GH (Elevator BW, Level 4)
- Employee flu vaccination clinic: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. tomorrow, MERF Atrium
- Science Thursday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. tomorrow with food trucks
- DVIP Bench Press: fundraiser by the McCowen Learning Community for the Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP), 5 to 9 p.m., Monday, Nov. 4, MERF Atrium
- UI Faculty and Staff Health Fair: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6, UI Field House Main Deck
- Sepsis State of the Art Conference: Nov. 7 and 8, Radisson Hotel & Conference Center. Early registration deadline is Oct. 20.
- Junior faculty in any department or college who wish to pursue pilot projects broadly related to basic and clinical areas of cancer research can apply for a seed grant from Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center’s American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant. Applications due at noon on Nov. 4.
- Reach Out. Report. Repeat. It’s that simple! Email email@example.com to make sure your department’s community benefit efforts are recorded for FY19.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies
- The Departments of Orthopedics and Urology invite adult males who have been experiencing testicular/epididymal/scrotal content pain for longer than 3 months to participate in a research study. Study requires an office visit with urology, four surveys, a physical exam, and X-rays. Call 319-356-2421 to schedule an appointment.
Outside UI Health Care stories
This year’s UI Homecoming Parade is scheduled to kick off at 5:45 p.m. on Friday at the intersection of Washington and Gilbert streets, Little Village Magazine reports.
The Eastern Iowa Airport launched a fundraising effort today to fund water quality projects in both Linn and Johnson counties, KCRG reports.
Bicyclists in eastern Iowa are wondering which ride they’ll go on next year after RAGBRAI organizers announced today that they’d be starting their own ride, KCRG reports.
The suits improve on the technology used in the Apollo suits as well as those currently used by astronauts on the International Space Station, CNN reports.
Scientists in the Netherlands say they are within 10 years of developing an artificial womb that could save the lives of premature babies, the BBC reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.