We are caring for 767 inpatients and have 3,251 outpatient visits today.
- With free patient parking beginning on Tuesday, Dec. 3, we’ve created a flyer for clinics and units to let people know. Download the flyer.
- Recruitment season is underway, and Marketing and Communications has created a new “Living in Iowa City” brochure. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the quantity you need.
- The Patients’ Library and the Janice and Bruce Ellig Children’s Library will be closed beginning tomorrow, through Sunday, Dec. 1, for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- A two-hour Epic downtime will begin at 1 a.m. the morning of Saturday, Dec. 7, to upgrade to the newest version of Epic. Epic will be read-only during this time. Please enact planned downtime procedures.
- Adopt an angel and donate a gift for our patients by visiting the Angel Tree in front of the Volunteer Services Office (Elevator F, Level 8) until Dec. 16.
Keeping you in The Loop
“I’d like to personally thank our patients, our faculty and staff, our partners, and this community for the trust they place in us every day. For me, the best kind of Thanksgiving is seeing the commitment and collaboration that leads to more amazing care for Iowans.”
Gail Bishop, PhD, has been named a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the world’s largest general-scientific society and publisher of the journal Science.
Charlotte Keller, 7, of Bellevue, Nebraska, is our Kid Captain for Friday’s game against Nebraska. Charlotte began experiencing severe leg pain when she was 3 years old and was diagnosed with chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis (CRMO), a rare, inflammatory bone disease.
Events: Join us
- Free Thanksgiving Day meal for employees: 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow, Fountain Dining Room, and 2 p.m. to 4 a.m. tomorrow, Marketplace
- Thanksgiving meal: 1 p.m. tomorrow, St. Mary’s of the Visitation Church
- Volunteer Services blood drive: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, the East Room (Elevator D/F, Level 8)
- Engaging employees for effective performance training: 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Did you know that meditation can help you stay more positive and focused? Check out Midweek Meditations, 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. Wednesdays, in the UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Meditation Room (Level 12).
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Pregnant women planning on delivering at UI Hospitals & Clinics are invited to participate in a study investigating the effect of position on blood pressure management. Compensation. Visit is.gd/posture for more information.
Outside UI Health Care
The Board of Regents, state of Iowa, will consider the proposed agreement to partner with a private firm to operate and maintain the UI Utility System in two special meetings, The Daily Iowan reports.
The powerful blast blew out the windows of homes and sent a chemical plume blowing over neighborhoods miles away, KCRG
Thanksgiving travelers should be cautious and prepare for delays as two powerful storms hit the western and central U.S. this week, NPR reports.
The island nation of fewer than 200,000 has tallied 2,427 measles cases in the outbreak thus far, ABC News reports.
Fresh off a redshirt year, Jack Nunge will now miss the remainder of the 2019–20 season, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.