We are caring for 761 inpatients and have 4,027 outpatient visits today.
High: 55 Low: 48 Rain
High: 53 Low: 31 Rain
Broadcasts: Need to know
Reminder to always: secure oxygen cylinders in a rack, cart, or other enclosure to protect them; turn the flow meter “OFF” when done; and take any unattended cylinder to the nearest unit, clinic, or Main Information Desk. Units/clinics should contact Processed Stores (319-356-1784) to retrieve them.
Health care representatives are needed on the UI Staff Council. Could you or someone you know be that person? Nominations are due Monday, April 1, at 5 p.m.
News: In The Loop
The Match Day questions and anticipation easily double as M-4 students Claire Hanna and Clayton Walker seek to match somewhere together this Friday.
The Iowa Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Model—developed and originally implemented at UI Hospitals & Clinics—is highlighted in an American Nurse Today article discussing the success and implementation of EBP initiatives.
TWiV podcast travels to the University of Iowa to speak with Wendy Maury, PhD, and Stanley Perlman, MD, PhD, about their research on Ebolavirus entry and coronavirus pathogenesis.
Providers, schedule as far out as September! Every UI Health Care employee is invited to a program about how safety, quality, and connection create the optimal patient experience. Morning and afternoon sessions will be held on Tuesday, April 9, Wednesday, April 10, Tuesday, Sept. 24, and Wednesday, Sept. 25 at the Coralville Marriott.
Events: Join us
- Eat BBQ to fight domestic violence: DVIP fundraiser, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today, MERF Atrium, T.C. Bonez Catering and BBQ
- Emotional Intelligence Training: 9 to 10:30 a.m. tomorrow, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Stepping On: 7-week workshop series to reduce falls; sessions starting April 12
- Doc Dash 5K: 9 a.m., Saturday, April 13, MERF, with proceeds going to the Iowa City Free Medical Clinic and the UI Mobile Clinic
- Project Art presents musicians from New York City: noon Monday, April 29, Colloton Pavilion Lobby (Elevator F, Level 1)
- Physicians: The voting period for the U.S. News “Best Hospitals” rankings is now open. If you registered with Doximity before Dec. 1, 2018, and are board-certified, you may be selected to vote. Please log in by March 20 to vote your support for the work you and your colleagues do in your specialty.
- Spanish for Medical Personnel courses begin March 26, or if you’re learning English, attend ongoing English conversation classes. To register, email email@example.com or call 319-335-5822.
- Staff, faculty, and students can purchase their own copy of the new Evidence-Based Practice in Action or download the tools featured in the book by filling out this online form or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- The College of Pharmacy Dermatology Lab seeks volunteers aged 18 to 50 who identify as an ethnic minority with a BMI of greater than 30 kg/m2 to participate in a study on skin repair. Compensation. Complete this survey to begin participation: bit.ly/2CDzNDk.
Outside UI Health Care
Students find new passions, stay connected to their art, and learn skills that translate to their future careers, Iowa Now reports.
Experts say the deer population is at a 20-year high, but the city council is hesitant about going ahead with the city manager’s recommended proposal, KCRG reports.
Insulin prices have increased nearly 200 percent in nine years, and politicians are starting to take action, The Daily Iowan reports.
On March 15, tens of thousands of students worldwide will be cutting class and taking to the streets to demand that elected officials act, CNN reports.
The most sweeping college admissions fraud scheme ever unearthed in the U.S. was masterminded at a small college-preparation company based in Newport Beach, California, Reuters reports.
The Iowa diving team concluded its first day of qualifying for the upcoming NCAA Championships at the NCAA Zone D Diving Championships in Austin, Texas, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.