Keeping you in The Loop
The same-sex couple chose the UI Health Care Midwifery Clinic in Washington because it was inclusive and conveniently located near home, but the care they received from Laura Dellos, ARNP, CNM, and the rest of our midwifery team benefited them in so many other ways.
Bradley Haws, MBA, associate vice president and chief financial officer for University of Iowa Health Care, has announced that he will leave his role at Iowa later this summer.
UI Hospitals & Clinics, along with Bright Horizons, will provide limited back-up child care programming for staff with children under age 12. Eligible staff may register for in-center or in-home child care during their scheduled work shift when traditional arrangements are not available.
- Science Thursdays will be returning to the Carver College of Medicine and UI Hospitals & Clinics beginning tomorrow.
- Remember to maintain patient privacy in all environments—including personal social media accounts—by refraining from posts that include identifiable patient information.
Tired of being tired? Try the Refresh Smartphone App for a better night’s sleep.
We Stand Together
Family or friends still asking you what it means to be fully vaccinated? Share the graphic below to help them learn what they should and shouldn’t do to stay protected against the COVID-19 virus.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 837 today
Total outpatient visits: 4,247 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 3 yesterday, 608 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 41 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 2% yesterday, 13% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 21 yesterday, 23,709 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 0 yesterday, 1,668 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 0 yesterday, 15,438 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 0 yesterday, 15,267 to date
Research volunteers invited
- Healthy adults ages 18 and older who received their COVID-19 vaccination less than 12 weeks ago are invited to participate in a study assessing the strength & duration of vaccine response. Compensation provided. Call 319-335-7437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- Spiritual Services: UI Health Care employee prayer, noon to 12:15 p.m. every Thursday in June, via Zoom.
- A Night with Hawkeye Football: Register by tomorrow.
Outside UI Health Care
The Iowa City Downtown District is showcasing how different its downtown looks after a global pandemic, KCRG reports.
Although many eastern Iowans appreciate the break in severe weather after the derecho, the area could certainly use some rain, CBS2 reports.
First Solar unveiled plans to double its U.S. manufacturing capability by building a new state-of-the-art factory in Ohio, CNN reports.
Ivory Coast, the world’s largest producer of cocoa, has found an inventive use for the cocoa plant that could power millions of homes, BBC reports.
The Hawkeyes qualified for the NCAA Championships in 15 events, tying a program record, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.