We are caring for 718 inpatients and have 3,903 outpatient visits today.
High: 82 Low: 59 Sunny
High: 83 Low: 67 Partly sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
To continue to help manage our high patient census, on Tuesday, June 19:
- The Medical Observation Unit will relocate from 5 South (5S; Elevator C, Level 5) to 7 John Pappajohn Pavilion (7JPP; Elevator J, Level 7).
- The Adult Acute Medicine Unit will open on 5 South.
News: In The Loop
If you think June and July are quiet times on the Carver College of Medicine campus, think again. The college’s summer programs attract hundreds of students and researchers from around the country to be taught by and to collaborate with its faculty.
As therapy for existing problems, are certain types of exercise more useful than others? That is the question Tahsin Khataei, PhD, is trying to find out.
Did you know the Carver College of Medicine is one of the founding members of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)? This original group began in 1876 with 22 medical colleges from across the country.
Events: Join us
- Summer Rooftop Concert: noon to 1 p.m. today, Rooftop Cafè Patio (Elevator F, Level 8); music by David Bernat and Nina Bernat
- Department of Nursing open forum: noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, June 19, Ziffren Conference Room (Elevator H, Level 1)
- Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support course: Thursday, July 12, and Friday, July 13, EMSLRC (Elevator C, Level 6)
- The Division of Sponsored Programs can help you create a custom search for grant opportunities based on the Grant Bulletin. Email email@example.com.
- Visit the Work/Life Resources website at worklife.uiowa.edu for information on adult and elder care, for people ages 55 and older and/or people caring for an elder relative or friend.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Adults with a diagnosis of bipolar-1 are invited to a study looking at brain function. Participation involves MRIs, blood draws, interviews, and questionnaires. Compensation. Visit bit.ly/2JAWqb4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
Building on a century of hydroscience research, the UI has entered a new era of activity aimed at solving Earth’s biggest environmental issues, Iowa Now reports.
Cedar Rapids will unveil a memorial sculpture, “West Side Rising and Gateway and Memorial Plaza,” at 2 p.m. today in the Time Check neighborhood to memorialize the 10-year anniversary of the flood, KCRG reports.
The North Liberty City Council allocated $225,000 from the city’s budget to help purchase 11.5 acres of land for a dog park, which will include seven acres of fenced space, CBS2 reports.
AT&T won approval from a U.S. court yesterday to buy Time Warner for $85 billion, allowing AT&T to compete with internet companies that dominate digital advertising, Reuters reports.
Medical students are more likely to pursue careers in academic medicine if they participate in research or are influenced by a mentor during their education, AAMCNews reports.
The U.S., Mexico, and Canada today secured the right to co-host the 2026 World Cup, bringing the tournament back to North America for the first time since 1994, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.