We are caring for 833 inpatients and have 4,536 outpatient visits today.
High: 27 Low: 25 Mostly sunny
High: 51 Low: 30 Chance rain
- Do you have one of our jumbo cards from the Project Thankful campaign? Please email email@example.com with the location of the card so that we can arrange for them to be picked up.
- Online delivery is a fast and secure way for UI employees to receive their year-end W-2 form. Set your delivery preference in Employee Self Service; preferences are saved from year to year.
- Grant opportunities: The Division of Sponsored Programs can help you create a custom search for grant opportunities based on the Grant Bulletin. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
News: In The Loop
The athletic training program at the University of Iowa has transitioned out of the Department of Athletics and into the Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation within the Carver College of Medicine.
For microbiology and immunology student Andrea Sánchez Peña, the thrill of the unknown is what drives her research as a graduate student.
The Board of Regents, State of Iowa, has approved expansion of the eligibility for receiving donated time under the catastrophic leave policy, Iowa Now reports.
Events: Join us
- Fourth Floor Salon sale: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- Men’s Health Seminar: Discussing Treatment Options for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing
- Skills for Educators Workshop: Teaching Clinical Reasoning, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- UI researchers are working on better understanding hazards of farm noise using a noise monitor, phone, and laptop. If you are a farmer and want more information visit this site.
Outside UI Health Care
Residents in Gowrie, Iowa, are attempting to raise $250,000 to save the town’s only grocery store, KCCI reports.
From 2016 to 2017, the U.S. saw its largest-ever single-year drop in overall cancer deaths, a 2.2% plunge spurred in part by a sharp decline in lung cancer deaths, CNN reports.
Iran retaliated for the killing of a top general by firing more than a dozen ballistic missiles at two Iraqi air bases housing U.S. forces yesterday, NBC News reports.
Apple announced its Apple News service has reached 100 million monthly users, up 25 million from last year, Reuters reports.
After losing to Nebraska 76-70, the Iowa men’s basketball team drops to a 1-3 record in Big Ten play, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.