We are caring for 787 inpatients and have 4,680 outpatient visits today.
Broadcasts: Need to know
Epic downtime scheduled for this Saturday at 1 a.m.
A two-hour Epic downtime will occur beginning at 1 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 7, to upgrade to the newest version of Epic. Epic will be read-only during this time. Please enact planned downtime procedures.
Keeping you in The Loop
Iowa Public Radio speaks with Jose Morcuende, MD, PhD, executive director of the Ponseti International Association, and Tom Cook, director of Global Operation for Ponseti International Association and author of the new book “Clubfoot: The Quest for a Better Life for Millions of Children.”
All UI Health Care employees and volunteers are invited to participate in the annual Staff Appreciation Meal, held this year on Thursday, Dec. 12.
Events: Join us
- Computational Biology Seminar Series: noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, Kelch Conference Room (1289 CBRB)
- People often ask, “How can I help our pediatric patients and families?” During this holiday season, the biggest impact can be made by making a monetary donation to support the most urgent needs.
- Cambus riders can now use a new mobile app called Transit, which replaces Bongo. Users can plan trips, predict departure times, and receive alerts, with other new features to help make riding Cambus convenient and easy.
- Performance reviews for all UI Health Care staff must be completed by March 31. Performance reviews are accessible through My Training within Employee Self Service. Questions? Email HealthCare-PerfAppHelp@healthcare.uiowa.edu or the ITS Help Desk.
- Over 50 online CME-accredited LGBTQ training options are available free for UI Health Care faculty, staff, and students; includes interactive e-learning courses and recorded webinars.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Women and their partners who are planning to pursue in vitro fertilization (IVF) are invited to participate in a study to investigate if participation in a psychoeducational group designed to educate patients on stress reduction and coping techniques improves quality of life for fertility patients. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
More than 40 elves are hiding as part of the Downtown District’s annual “Downtown Hunt for the Elves,” KCRG reports.
The bill would impose a fee on the carbon content of fuels, including crude oil, natural gas, and coal, KWWL reports.
The rescue puppy with a surprising physical feature has been adopted by the founder of the organization who made him famous, ABC News reports.
Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin are stepping back from their day-to-day roles within the parent company, Alphabet, NBC News reports.
The world’s tallest waterfall formed on Greenland’s ice sheet last year, draining a meltwater lake of 5 million cubic meters of water in just five hours, CNN reports.
After a rough start, Iowa men’s basketball found its rhythm from deep to beat Syracuse last night, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.