We are caring for 710 inpatients and have 3,735 outpatient visits today.
High: 85 Low: 65 Fog then sunny
High: 89 Low: 66 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
DeGowin needs O-negative blood donors
Due to high usage, the DeGowin Blood Center (Elevator B, Level 2) is in need of O-negative donors. To schedule an appointment: 319-356-2058 or uihc.org/degowin. Walk-ins also welcome.
News: In The Loop
Grab your favorite fair foods for lunch at State Fair Eats and Treats from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow in the Melrose Dining Room (Elevator L, Level 5).
UI Sports Medicine now offers extended clinic hours and same-day and next-day appointments to give injured athletes more options for getting back into the game sooner.
Events: Join us
- Comfort Room open house: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. tomorrow, Center for Disabilities and Development; check in with registration staff on first level
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, for prevention of depression relapse and/or responding skillfully to anxiety: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 11 to Oct. 30; intake session required
- Mental Health Speed Networking: Make the Connection, for researchers and clinicians interested in mental health, 2 to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28, 1289 CBRB; register by Friday, Sept. 14
- Over the Edge for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois: Friday, Sept. 14; rappel 158 feet down Plaza Towers in Iowa City
- Submit a poster for Nursing Recognition Day to showcase our nursing excellence, practice, research, quality management, and education. Deadline is Friday, Aug. 10.
- Remind patients and visitors about our Lost and Found at the Main Entrance Information Desk (Elevator E, Level 1), and remember to check for dentures, hearing aids, phone chargers, etc. as they leave. Call the Information Desk at 319-384-8591.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Men and women ages 18 and older with pelvic pain from interstitial cystitis or chronic prostatitis are invited to participate in a study to find the cause of these conditions. Five to nine visits over a 36-month time period are required. Contact 319-384-9265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
Ryan Hall, a UI student, and Brianna Wills, executive director of Old Brick, have both expressed interest in an Iowa City Council seat left vacant by Kingsley Botchway, CBS 2 reports.
Seventeen goats are currently eating their way through 40 acres of invasive plants on the Muddy Creek Preserve in Johnson County, IPR reports.
A tropical storm watch has been issued for the Big Island of Hawaii as Hector, a Category 4 hurricane, bears down on the state, ABC News reports.
NASA’s Parker Solar Probe will be the first spacecraft to “touch” the sun, coming within just 3.8 million miles of the surface, The Associated Press (AP) reports.
This week, the Democratic Republic of the Congo announced that 33 people had died in recent days of Ebola, just weeks after declaring an earlier outbreak contained, AAMCNews reports.
The league ruled yesterday that Las Vegas will get a loss for its game that was canceled when players decided not to play because of concerns about their health after 26 hours of travel, the AP reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.