Today's COVID-19 updates
Tomorrow: Employee forum at noon
Keeping you in The Loop
Renata Pereira Alambert, PhD, studies mechanisms to counteract obesity and associated disorders, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
In the newest “Vaxx Facts” video, obstetrician gynecologist Miriam Murray, MD, shares that it is safe to receive a COVID-19 vaccine while breastfeeding or lactating.
Announcements and reminders
- TV bingo for adult inpatients: 1:45 p.m. today on channel 117. Please encourage your patients to tune in.
- Register for the Mental Health Equity Grand Round Series: “Becoming Ms. Burton,” noon on Friday, April 9.
- All of Me Iowa Project: “Sexual Health and Oncology,” 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 16.
- Need a refresher on how to access PolicyTech—UI Health Care’s policy, guideline, and protocol management tool? Check out this informational video for a how-to guide.
“Very proud of the nurses for your dedication and kindness for your patients.”
–@uihealthcare Facebook comment #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
Want to help us improve the patient experience?
Recommend that your patients apply to our Patient and Family Advisory Board. Members have a regular opportunity to discuss ideas with our care teams.
COVID-19 by the numbers
C-19 adult inpatients: 13 yesterday, 460 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 31 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 9% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 207 yesterday, 18,318 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 1 yesterday, 1,623 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 135 yesterday, 13,516 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 0 yesterday, 12,779 to date
Research volunteers invited
- Individuals age 18 and older who are expecting a male child or child of unknown sex are invited to participate in a research study about parental views on ‘The Circumcision Decision.’ Both fathers and mothers are eligible. If you or someone you know is interested, please contact Denise Juhr at 319-356-1111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Outside UI Health Care
Steve Alliger is getting some major recognition for his dedication and safety on the road, KCRG reports.
During the pandemic, the two say they found comfort in working together to feed people, Little Village Magazine reports.
When the pandemic forced many restaurants to ramp up their takeout game, the demand for those handy individual ketchup packets quickly skyrocketed, NBC News reports.
Carlos Doviaza created an interactive online map to monitor the pandemic situation in indigenous communities, NPR reports.
Iowa’s Luka Garza awarded 2021 men’s Wooden Award, secures consensus National Player of the Year honors
Garza is now the first player in the history of the Iowa men’s basketball program to earn the honor, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.