We are caring for 757 inpatients and have 4,252 outpatient visits today.
High: 71 Low: 47 Chance showers
High: 52 Low: 38 Cloudy
Broadcasts: Need to know
All UI Health Care faculty, P&S and SEIU staff, and Merit exempt employees with 50 percent or greater appointments need to complete an annual Disclosure of Outside Professional Activities and Interests in the eCOI system by Tuesday, April 30.
Patient Financial Services has recently added two new options for patients to pay for their health care expenses: a financing option that helps patients get financial assistance in the form of a loan, and patient bank account information as payment at clinical service locations.
News: In The Loop
Growth in the patient care enterprise will be key to UI Health Care remaining a “destination” academic health system and meeting its three-part mission of education, research, and patient care. That was the takeaway from Brooks Jackson, MD, MBA, and Brad Haws, MBA, from yesterday’s VPMA Focus Forum.
For all her contributions toward diversity and inclusion at the UI, Jodi Graff, administrative director of the UI Carver College of Medicine Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, was presented with a 2019 UI Diversity Catalyst Award.
Ryan Boudreau, PhD, was awarded a five-year $1.9M NIH R01 to further study the cardiovascular effects of a gene that affects heartbeat.
Events: Join us
- CANCELED: Open house for remodeled Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Clinic, will be rescheduled to a later date
- Safety Store 10 percent off THULE product sale: now through Wednesday, April 27, Safety Store, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (Level 1)
- How to Handle Your Own Conflicts: 9 to 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 18, 8440 JCP (Elevator F, Level 8)
- Science Thursday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. tomorrow, food trucks
- TEK Talk: Genotyping: Methods, Best Practices, and Technology, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Friday, April 26, 2189 MERF
- Honoring Your Wishes Respecting Choices Advanced Steps ACP certification: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, Hills Bank and Trust, 1401 South Gilbert St., Iowa City
- American Heart Association Heart Walk: 8 a.m., Saturday, May 4, Lower City Park, Iowa City
- The 2019 Faculty Executive Committee election voting period is open until Friday, April 19. Read the nomination statements on The Loop, and then submit your ballot online.
- Donate to the UI Women’s Health fundraising campaign “For Iowa. With Women.” to help advance women’s health care in Iowa.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Individuals 18 years and older who are fluent in English are invited to participate in an online survey study regarding sensitivity to normal daily sensations and painful stimuli. Participate in a survey for a chance to win a gift card. Email NMBL@uiowa.edu or call 319-353-5342 for details.
Outside UI Health Care
The UI College of Nursing will use a $150,000 grant from Iowa Workforce Development to begin a registered-nurse apprenticeship, The Daily Iowan reports.
Dillon Constant is working with his hometown of Newton, Iowa, through a partnership between the community, the UI, and Grinnell College intended to develop community-based programs that support and promote health and obesity prevention, Iowa Now reports.
Cedar Rapids EcoFest will be celebrating its 10th year of sharing eco-friendly festivities, educational activities, and strategies for Eastern Iowa residents to live more earth-conscious lives, Little Village Magazine reports.
The Iowa House passed a bill yesterday regulating self-operating vehicles in the state, KCRG reports.
The Food and Drug Administration’s new mandatory rules requiring labels on all packaged foods and drinks to indicate the presence of added sugars could have substantial health and cost saving benefits in the U.S. over the next two decades, NPR reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.