We are caring for 737 inpatients and have 4,113 outpatient visits today.
High: 48 Low: 41 Cloudy
High: 64 Low: 37 Chance rain
Events: Join us
- 6th Annual Cardiology Symposium: 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. tomorrow, Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, 1220 1st Avenue, Coralville
- Fourth Floor Salon sale: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- Tourette’s disorder workshop: 9 a.m. to noon Friday, April 12, Remboldt Conference Room, Center for Disabilities and Development
- Stepping On: 7-week workshop series to reduce falls, starting April 12
- Safety Store 10 percent off sale: Monday, April 15, to Saturday, April 27, Safety Store, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (Level 1)
News: In The Loop
Did you know a single donor can save up to eight lives? A Donate Life Ceremony to honor tissue, eye, and organ donor families and recipients will take place at 1 p.m. Monday, April 22, in the Clasen Board Room (Elevator H, Level 1).
If Claire could give advice to someone who was thinking about volunteering here, she would tell them to “Just do it! It’s a very rewarding experience and a great way to create a bridge between the community and the people who are just in need of a little extra care and attention.”
This month’s Helping Hand Award goes to Venantie N’Duhirahe. Her nominator wrote, “Venantie spent hours helping us [translate] and never once complained. She even came back before the end of her shift to help even more.”
As he neared completion of his PhD at Baylor College of Medicine, Antentor “AJ” Hinton Jr. was considering nine different offers for employment, three of them from faculty at the UI.
- The Carver College of Medicine is accepting presentations for its 13th annual conference, The Examined Life: Writing, Humanities, and the Art of Medicine. This three-day conference Oct. 24 to 26 focuses on the links between the science of medicine and the creative arts.
- With Hills Bank online banking, you can manage your accounts and make a deposit from your smart phone. Stop by Hills Bank in the Fountain Entrance Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1) to find out how.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Are you between 54 and 75? Participate in a research study of baby boomers who go online for health information. Contact Tammy Walkner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-573-8389.
Outside UI Health Care
UI Executive Chef Barry Greenberg racks up wins in local and national competitions while staying true to his goal of serving the highest-quality food possible on campus, Iowa Now reports.
Iowa City has announced plans for a two-year construction project for Dodge Street, and it asks for public input, The Daily Iowan reports.
A couple of nurses in Illinois aren’t letting the water stop them from taking care of their patients, KCRG reports.
New York City ramped up the battle against the spread of a measles outbreak, declaring a public health emergency and calling for mandatory vaccinations, NPR reports.
The new airplane seat premiered at the Aircraft Interiors Expo 2019 in Germany, attracting buzz from passengers and airlines alike, CNN reports.
The future is looking up for some players after the Alliance of American Football (AAF) suspended its operations before its first season finished, KWWL reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.