We are caring for 771 inpatients and have 4,253 outpatient visits today.
High: 86 Low: 69 Partly sunny
High: 87 Low: 70 Chance T-storms
Events: Join us
- UI College of Nursing 2019 Nursing Scholar Lectures: series of lectures by guest speaker Susan Dorsey, PhD, RN, FAAN, today and tomorrow, on starting a symptom science career and pain research topics
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programs: Wednesdays, Sept. 11 to Oct. 30, or Sundays, Sept. 22, to Nov. 10, UI Hospitals & Clinics
- Iowa Institute of Human Genetics, Next Generation Sequencing Interest Group: 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, in 283 EMRB, Seebohm Conference Room
- Excellence Every Time: morning or afternoon sessions, Sept. 24 or 25, Coralville Marriott
- Progress in Medicine 2019: Learning Together in the 21st Century, Thursday, Sept. 26, and Friday, Sept. 27, Graduate Iowa City Hotel
News: In The Loop
Lastascia Coleman, ARNP, CNM, gives the same advice to women hoping to pursue a career in medicine as she gives her 7- and- 13-year-old daughters: Be yourself, be kind, and be brave.
A total of 230 UI Carver College of Medicine students are registered for the second annual Carver Black and Gold Mile Run, which will begin at 8 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 15, at the university’s Francis X. Cretzmeyer Track. Scholarships will be given to any student who finishes the mile run in under 10 minutes.
Nicholas Trapp, MD, and other UI Health Care researchers want to know just how effective transcranial magnetic stimulation can be with various types of brain disorders such as autism, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia, KCRG reports.
- The Joint Commission is on-site: Make sure your care plans and patient education are always current, comprehensive, and patient specific. We educate patients continuously. Make sure to document it! Remember, the plan of care is multidisciplinary and communication among care providers is essential. Find the Plan of Care Story on The Point.
- HR policy reminder: In order to promote a fragrance-free environment, staff should not wear perfume or other scents. Fragrances may cause allergic or adverse reactions in others.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- UI researchers are working on better understanding hazards of farm noise using a noise monitor, phone, and laptop. If you are a farmer and want more info visit this site.
Outside UI Health Care
If you send or receive emails at the UI, be on the lookout for phishing scams, Iowa Now reports.
UI Office of Student Disability Services recently piloted three new note-taking applications, which are technological options offered to eligible students that require accommodations in the classroom, The Daily Iowan reports.
On Friday, Sept. 13, there will be a full moon in the sky throughout the United States, CBS2 reports.
Now that four crewmembers trapped inside a cargo ship capsized off Georgia’s coast have been pulled to safety, the U.S. Coast Guard says it’s focused on safely removing the massive vessel while protecting the environment, KWWL reports.
Apple Inc. is set to announce pricing for its forthcoming streaming TV service as well as updates to its iPhone lineup, Reuters reports.
Last season was very memorable for Iowa women’s tennis, The Daily Iowan reports. However, building blocks like a solid home record set Iowa up for an exciting campaign.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.