We are caring for 758 inpatients and have 4,455 outpatient visits today.
Broadcasts: Need to know
As more Iowans than ever seek care with UI Health Care, it is important that we recruit and retain the best talent. One factor in that is providing competitive salaries. Learn more about mid-year market adjustments being announced today for 2,750 employees.
HCIS will be performing system maintenance on the Cloverleaf interface system on Thursday, Oct. 31, from 9:30 p.m. to approximately 9:50 p.m. (20 minutes). The maintenance will cause a temporary pause to interfaces. Epic and other systems will continue to function normally.
Keeping you in The Loop
BeardUp in November to raise awareness of men’s health issues and support the UI Department of Urology Men’s Health Program. Win a trophy and brag to your friends!
Do you know how to record your participation in the flu vaccination campaign? ReadySet is here to help!
“I could not miss the opportunity to let you and all the UI Hospitals & Clinics team know what a superb care experience we have had.”
Events: Join us
- Employee flu vaccination clinic: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. tomorrow, Ellyn Slocum Found Piano Lounge and Comfort Area, Pomerantz Pavilion (Elevator K, Level 5)
- Dance Marathon fundraiser for pediatric oncology patients: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. tomorrow, North Room, Iowa Memorial Union
- HR Advisory Board: Engage Your Staff, 2 to 2:45 p.m. tomorrow, 4999 JCP (Elevator H, Level 4)
- Special story hour activities: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. tomorrow, Janice and Bruce Ellig Children’s Library, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (Level 1), and 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. tomorrow, Patient’s Library (Elevator F, Level 8)
- Hills Bank financial wellness class for UI employees: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6, Melrose Conference Center, 51000 PFP (Elevator M, Level 5)
- Did you know that Orchestra Iowa offers 15% off tickets in Zones 2–5 to all Orchestra Iowa concerts in the 2019–2020 season? Using the promo code BRAVO15, UI Health Care employees can take advantage of this discount when they purchase online, in-person, or by phone.
- Did you know the Carver College of Medicine produces a literary journal exploring the confluence of art and medicine? The spring issue of The Examined Life Journal is now available for purchase online.
- The COPE Team point of contact has transitioned from Chaplain Noelle Andrew to Chaplain Jeremy Hudson. The COPE Team is available to staff that have experienced a work-related event that may challenge their ability to cope. They can be reached at UIHC-COPE@healthcare.uiowa.edu or by calling Jeremy Hudson 319-356-2758.
- Planning to get a flu vaccine as a patient or with your family? With online scheduling and walk-in availability at many convenient locations, we’ve got you and your family covered this flu season!
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Health care providers are invited to participate in a study expanding access to medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorders. Eligible clinicians will complete a free MAT training, which leads to a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine to treat OUD. For details and registration, email Co-MAT-IA@healthcare.uiowa.edu.
Outside UI Health Care
An eastern Iowa school district has secured federal grant funding to monitor students’ social media accounts for possible warning signs that students might harm themselves or their peers, KWWL reports.
Teachers and staff held a spirited rally and marched in downtown Chicago, CNN reports. Negotiations ended without the two sides reaching a deal.
Talitha Girnus created perhaps the most famous hedgehog account on the internet, which has 1.6 million Instagram followers, ABC News reports.
A newly approved three-drug treatment for tuberculosis will be available in 150 countries, Reuters reports.
The headphones have a new design, new features—including noise cancellation technology—and a higher price tag, CNN reports.
During the game, the MLB re-ran a promotion for the ‘Field of Dreams’ game that will take place August 2020 between the Chicago White Sox and the New York Yankees in Dyersville, Iowa, KWWL reports
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.