We are caring for 757 inpatients and have 4,732 outpatient visits today.
Broadcasts: Need to know
Explore 2019 Epic Upgrade: Storyboard
Get ready for a streamlined new electronic medical record (EMR) experience as we upgrade to the most recent version of Epic on Dec. 7. The latest upgrade will include a vertical “Storyboard” which will eliminate the horizontal Patient Identification Line. Information has been refined to keep what is most needed in a smaller space. To learn more, review the Storyboard Overview or visit the Epic Upgrade site.
Keeping you in The Loop
The University of Iowa will host its annual Faculty and Staff Health Fair from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow at the UI Field House Main Deck, to encourage health and wellness within the UI family and community.
The 2019 Ann Williamson Award for Leadership and Innovation in Nursing and Patient Care was presented on Sept. 26 to Christina Woline, MSN, RN-BC, nursing practice leader in nursing education.
Anesthesiologist Lovkesh Arora, MBBS, and cardiothoracic surgeon Sharon Beth Larson, DO, MS, FACOS, FACS, have accepted leadership roles for the ECMO program at UI Hospitals & Clinics.
William “Bill” Hesson, a former leader and longtime administrator for UI Health Care, died Oct. 30, 2019. He was 70 years old.
Events: Join us
- Employee flu vaccination clinic: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow, UI Health Fair
- Hills Bank financial wellness class for UI employees: noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow, Melrose Conference Center, 51000 PFP (Elevator M, Level 5)
- Sepsis State of the Art Conference: Nov. 7 and 8, Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, Coralville
- Distinguished Biomedical Scholar Lecture: Jeffrey Friedman, MD, PhD, “Leptin and the Homeostatic Control of Food Intake and Body Weight,” 3 to 4 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, 2117 MERF
- The Voalte system will be down for an upgrade for approximately three hours tomorrow starting at 2 a.m. Users will be automatically logged out as the work begins and will need to log back in when the system comes back online.
- The Mother’s Milk Bank of Iowa is in need of donations. Are you a breastfeeding mother? Make a difference with every ounce that you donate for the babies (many of whom are sick, born prematurely). Please contact Heidi Baudhuin at 319-384-9930 or email@example.com.
- If you received your flu vaccination as a patient at your doctor’s office, you still have to record your vaccination in ReadySet to be in compliance with the mandatory flu campaign. Questions about the flu campaign? Start here.
- You can now use uichildrens.org to schedule primary care visits with UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital pediatricians. This convenient new feature is available on multiple pages throughout our site to make it as easy as possible for you to schedule an appointment.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Women and their partners who are planning to pursue in vitro fertilization (IVF) are invited to participate in a research study to investigate if participation in a psychoeducational group designed to educate patients on stress reduction and coping techniques improves quality of life for fertility patients. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
UI researchers report the spacecraft Voyager 2 has reached interstellar space, following Voyager 1’s historic passage six years ago, Iowa Now reports.
Iowa City Parks and Recreation recently received a $200,000 grant from the Iowa Department of Natural Resources to restore native species in the Terry Trueblood Recreation Area, The Daily Iowan reports.
A double-sided tape designed to stick body tissue together after surgery has been inspired by the way spiders exude “glue” to catch their prey in the rain, BBC reports.
A new study published in JAMA Pediatrics showed concerning evidence that brain structure may be altered in kids with more screen use, ABC News reports.
Connor McCaffery and Patrick McCaffery made key contributions for Iowa in their exhibition win over Lindsey Wilson College yesterday, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.