We are caring for 763 inpatients and have 4,123 outpatient visits today.
High: 46 Low: 36 Rain
High: 39 Low: 26 Windy
Broadcasts: Need to know
All Adult Satellite (4 JP) Pharmacy services are being relocated to 7 Boyd Tower (Room 7034) as of today. Contact information will not change.
News: In The Loop
Norma Feldmann, BSN, RN, of the Respiratory Specialty Care and Palliative Care Unit, found some flowers for a patient and in return was given some flowers of her own as this month’s DAISY Award winner.
Laura Cullen, DNP, RN, FAAN, has been selected as one of the inaugural Distinguished Evidence-Based Practice (EPB) Trailblazer Award recipients, recognizing pioneers of the EBP movement in the U.S.
Events: Join us
- Bake Sale for Angel Tree fundraising: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today, lobby of HSSB
- College of Medicine Spotlight on Current and Future Research: 4 to 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 1459 PBDB
- New support group for stroke survivors and their caregivers: 10 to 11 a.m. the first Wednesday of every month, Lower Level of UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing
- Computational Biology Seminar Series: noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, Kelch Conference Room (1289 CBRB)
- What’s the best kind of Thanksgiving for Suresh Gunasekaran, CEO of UI Hospitals & Clinics? Find out in his latest post on LinkedIn.
- Reminder: Consent for Operation or Procedure forms have been updated to ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies. Forms that have already been signed for future procedures will not be honored after Dec. 1, 2019. After Dec. 1, a new consent form will be required.
- Concrete repair work will occur from 9 to 11:30 a.m. tomorrow on Hospital Loop Dr. near Hawkins Dr. Traffic leaving the hospital will be reduced to one lane.
- Weather permitting, the I-80 westbound to I-380 northbound ramp will be closed at 10 p.m. tonight through 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. Westbound traffic will be detoured to Exit 237 (Tiffin exit).
- No Noon News: Noon News will not publish this Thursday or Friday due to the holiday. But don’t worry; we’ll be back in your inbox again Monday morning.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Subjects between ages 40 and 70 with Type 2 diabetes are invited to participate in a research study where they undergo vascular function testing following eight weeks of dietary nitrate supplementation. Study requires seven separate visits on weekday mornings. Compensation. Contact 319-335-9808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
Thanksgiving is the leading day of the year for home fires involving cooking equipment, KCRG reports.
An incoming system from the southwest will bring rain and high winds today and tomorrow, KCRG reports.
The previously healthy man’s infection was caused by capnocytophaga canimorsus, a bacterium that is commonly found in the mouths of dogs and cats, CNN reports.
A powerful 6.4 magnitude earthquake rocked Albania’s central coast overnight, killing at least 16 people, damaging buildings, and triggering aftershocks across the Balkan Peninsula, NPR reports.
Meteorites that crashed into Earth billions of years ago contain sugars, lending support to the idea that asteroids may hold some of the ingredients to life, CNN reports.
The recognition keeps pouring in for Iowa’s record-breaking kicker, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.