We are caring for 770 inpatients and have 4,792 outpatient visits today.
High: 47 Low: 34 Decreasing clouds
High: 51 Low: 46 Partly sunny
- “Warm the Sole” sock drive is now on Level 1 near Elevator E. Buy an extra pair of socks while you’re out shopping and donate them to local nonprofits.
- Hardin Library offers a variety of upcoming workshops for researchers on topics such as HawkIRB, TriNetX, EndNote, REDCap, and more.
- Did you receive your flu vaccination at your doctor’s office? If you received your flu vaccination as a patient at your doctor’s office, you still have to record your vaccination in ReadySet to be in compliance with the mandatory flu campaign.
- Call the Patient Access Center at 2-1095 to accelerate follow-up clinic appointments for patients who need them prior to discharge and within a tight time frame.
News: In The Loop
As we approach the end of November, take a live look at the flu season in Iowa and across the U.S.
“Jesse always treated me with respect, kept me in the loop, and encouraged me when I felt weak.”
Events: Join us
- Housing is Health Care: 5 to 6 p.m. tonight, 2117 MERF
- Quality and Safety Symposium and Research Poster Session: tomorrow and Thursday, Nov. 21, MERF
- Frontiers in Pediatrics Research Seminar: Timothy Cripe, MD, PhD, noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Nov. 25, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Girls Go STEM!: 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, MERF, for girls in grades 6 through 8
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Individuals ages 18 to 70 with chronic low back pain or diagnosed fibromyalgia are invited to participate in a research study that investigates multiple measures of light, sound, and pain sensitivity. Compensation. Email NMBL@uiowa.edu or call 319-353-5342.
Outside UI Health Care
UI students can now work alongside Iowa State University students to learn how NASA implements their missions and instruments in a new course, The Daily Iowan reports.
A long-anticipated road construction project in eastern Iowa is nearing completion, KCRG reports.
Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter, and James Holzhauer will face off in a “primetime throwdown” in January, ABC News reports.
The symptoms came on quickly. First it was hard to breathe, then dizzy spells caused by any amount of exertion, CNN reports.
Brazil’s National Institute for Space Research released data revealing that 3,769 square miles of rainforest were lost to deforestation in a 12-month period, NPR reports.
Hawkeye football player A.J. Epenesa earned conference honors after playing a key role in Iowa’s victory over Minnesota, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.