Keeping you in The Loop
‘Formula is life’: Mixing solutions during ongoing national formula shortage
Although a formula shortage continues as supply remains unpredictable across the U.S., UI Health Care staff have found creative solutions to support the patients and families who look to our care teams for answers.
Get in the game on One Day for Iowa
Tomorrow is One Day for Iowa, the UI’s 24-hour online giving day. Last year, thousands of Hawkeyes gave back in support of the university—making a significant impact.
- The UI Office of Campus Safety will test the Hawk Alert system tomorrow in coordination with the National Weather Service and Johnson County emergency notification drills.
- Know someone interested in becoming a pharmacy technician? Encourage them to consider the 12-week Pharmacy Technician Training Program.
Did you know the UI offers free health coach services? These coaches offer confidential, non-judgmental, and motivational resources.
Today’s inpatients: 799
Today’s outpatient visits: 4,582
Visit COVID-19 by the numbers for more info
Research volunteers invited
- Adults are invited to participate in a study looking at brain function and mood conducted by the Department of Radiology. Compensation provided. If interested, complete the screener.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- Lean Improvement Model for Health Care training: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, May 4, and Friday, May 5. Register to attend.
- Corridor Heart Walk: 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 6, at Kinnick Stadium. Register to join the UI Health Care team.
Outside UI Health Care
Johnson County officials to address broadband gaps in rural areas of county
The county has been working throughout the month to complete an application from the state to potentially receive future funding to address broadband needs, The Daily Iowan reports.
Greenland to stay in daylight saving time forever
Unlike most of Europe, Greenlanders will leave their clocks untouched come autumn when daylight saving time ends, the Associated Press reports.
A stunning lineup of five planets will decorate the night sky
A stunning visual takes shape this week as five planets line up beneath the moon in a display sometimes called a planetary parade or alignment, CNN reports.
2023 Women’s Final Four: Scouting South Carolina, Iowa, Virginia Tech, LSU
One team is looking for college basketball immortality, with three others trying to dethrone the reigning champs, CBS Sports reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.