We are caring for 755 inpatients and have 4,200 outpatient visits today.
High: 45 Low: 40 Mostly sunny
High: 56 Low: 48 Heavy rain
Broadcasts: Need to know
The UI email system receives more than 2.5 million messages per day, but about 69 percent never reach inboxes. Screening systems flag them as spam or scams—they’re discarded before they can do harm. But some deceptive and dangerous emails slip through. That’s why it’s essential to recognize email phishing scams and take proactive steps to protect yourself.
News: In The Loop
In its latest edition of “Best Graduate Schools,” U.S. News & World Report ranks the Carver College of Medicine in the following:
- Physician Assistant: No. 1
- Family Medicine: No. 19
- Internal Medicine: No. 22
- Primary Care: No. 26
- Research: No. 38
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center is the first U.S. cancer center to be designated a Neuroendocrine Tumor Center of Excellence by the European Neuroendocrine Tumor Society.
Ten UI Carver College of Medicine faculty members were honored for their work at the college’s Faculty Awards Banquet, held March 6 at Brown Deer Golf and Country Club in Coralville.
Events: Join us
- TriNetX Training: 2 p.m. today, location provided after registering
- REDCap Training: Basics, 11 a.m. tomorrow, location provided after registering
- Midweek Meditation: Writing Meditation, 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. tomorrow, Meditation Room (Level 12), UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital
- BUILD: LGBTQ Safe Zone: Trans Awareness Workshop Training, 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- 16th Interdisciplinary Cerebrovascular Symposium: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 17, 18, and 19, Hilton Garden Inn, 328 S Clinton St., Iowa City
- Epic upgrade: Did you know? With the new Epic, the open hours of each pharmacy now appear as part of the pharmacy header in the pharmacy association form. This feature will always be accurate for UI pharmacies, but we can’t guarantee accuracy for external pharmacies beyond what has been communicated to SureScripts. Some may say Open 24 hours or Not Open 24 hours instead of exact hours. Learn more on the Epic upgrade site.
- UI Health Care faculty, P&S and SEIU staff, and Merit exempt employees with 50 percent or greater appointments need to complete an annual Disclosure of Outside Professional Activities and Interests in the eCOI system by Tuesday, April 30.
- Are you a nursing mother? Become a milk donor for the Mother’s Milk Bank of Iowa. Make a difference with every ounce that you donate for the babies (many of whom are sick, born prematurely). Please contact Kelsey Smith at 319-384-9930 or email@example.com.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Older adults with chronic musculoskeletal pain are invited to participate in a study about virtual reality. Compensation. Contact Lynn Nakad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-994-4016.
Outside UI Health Care
UI researchers are partnering with school districts in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City to enroll elementary-age children in research to better understand how they identify and recognize words, Iowa Now reports.
In celebration of Women’s History Month, the Iowa City Downtown District is honoring an influential woman in the community on its social media pages every day throughout March, The Daily Iowan reports.
The Johnson County Board of Supervisors is set to make a decision March 27 on the proposal to expand the current ordinance banning tobacco cigarettes to include the use of e-cigarettes, CBS 2 reports.
The next system will bring rain and wind to eastern Iowa over the next several days in addition to some of the warmest air the area has seen in the last four months, KCRG reports.
The world’s first robot designed to carry out unbiased job interviews is being tested by Swedish recruiters, BBC reports.
Iowa wrestling finished third in the team standings behind Ohio State and champion Penn State, KWWL reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.