We are caring for 689 inpatients and have 3,855 outpatient visits today.
High: 83 Low: 63 Mostly cloudy
High: 82 Low: 61 Sunny
Events: Join us
- Writing Meditation: 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. tomorrow, Meditation Room (Level 12), UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital
- Get your benefits questions answered: 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. tomorrow, C500 GH (Elevator B, Level 5)
- Spanish on the Phone course: noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, July 19 to Aug. 16, 160 MRF
- Faculty workshop, Write Winning Grant Proposals, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, Hilton Garden Inn
- From Burned Out to Fired Up, faculty development conference: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, Radisson Hotel and Conference Center
News: In The Loop
University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital is grateful to Ashton Kutcher for visiting with our patients and families during a recent trip back to Iowa.
Jessica Ponce has been awarded an NIH grant for “Dual Roles of Cyclin C in Heart Disease,” and Maria Noterman, an NIH grant for “A Novel Role of Cav1.2 in Mitochondria.” Congratulations to all of the investigators who have recently received funding awards.
- eFax users: The syntax for outbound faxing has changed for Outlook Web Access. This does not affect Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2016.
- A Massage Oasis expanded hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. most weekdays at the Pomerantz location (Elevator L, Level 2, closed Wednesdays) and in the Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- UI Cosmetic Surgery and Services offers dental care, including tooth whitening, esthetic bonding, veneers, crowns, dental implants, and more.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Caregivers of people with dementia living at home are invited to participate in a research study. A home recording unit will be used for three months to submit video recordings of care situations. Compensation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-335-3488.
Outside UI Health Care
If U.S. trade disputes aren’t resolved, the Iowa pork industry could see close to $1 billion in losses, CBS2 reports.
The San Juan National Forest in southwestern Colorado will shut down for the first time in its 113-year history as a drought-driven fire has grown to 22,131 acres, The Denver Post reports.
President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un committed today to “complete denuclearization” of the Korean Peninsula during the first meeting in history between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader, The Associated Press reports.
Your kitchen towel may harbor a number of different bacteria, but a recent study found that the bacteria on the towels aren’t particularly concerning when it comes to foodborne illnesses, LiveScience reports.
At its Silicon Valley headquarters, Cisco Systems Inc. is trying to take control of increasing health care costs by getting more involved in managing their workers’ health, Reuters reports.
Anthony Rizzo hit a long homer down the right-field line, and Jason Heyward drove in three runs during a 7-2 victory that gave the Cubs a half-game lead in the division, ABC News reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.