Still have questions about the COVID-19 Unpaid Time Off and Vacation Give Back Program? Find answers in our staff FAQ.
Today's COVID-19 Updates
C-19 adult inpatients: 14 yesterday, 288 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 13 to date
% positive C-19 tests: 7% yesterday, 13% to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported): 2 yesterday, 234 to date
Telehealth screenings: 352 yesterday, 24,035 to date
Keeping you in The Loop
The second video in our Epi Explains series features infectious disease expert Mike Edmond, MD, who explains how we can all help end the COVID-19 pandemic.
While clinical documentation may seem mundane, it’s a critical component of providing quality health care—just ask Drew Aude, MHA, senior financial analyst for the Department of Neurosurgery.
COVID-19 announcements and reminders
- Did you know that we have several dedicated face shield cleaning stations throughout our campus? We also have signage and instructions available to designate a shield cleaning location for your unit or clinic, available on our We Stand for Safety Hub.
- Several COVID-19 informational resources—including our MyChart video visit page—are available on uihc.org for our community, including translated copy in Arabic, French, Spanish, Swahili, and Mandarin.
Social shout out
“When your child calls them their ‘other mom’ you know you’re in the right place. If a hospital has to be our second home, we choose you @uichildrens.”
–@uichildrens Twitter mention #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
Karen McGuire, nurse manager in the Pain Management Clinic, is always ensuring staff and patient safety through constant reminders to social distance, cleaning our work stations daily, wearing our masks and shields at all times, donning appropriate PPE, and much more. She does all of this in the friendliest manner and it is important that she knows this does not go unappreciated! She is always there for her team to reassure us all that we are safe coming into work. Thanks Karen!
Other news and updates
- The Food Pantry at Iowa is distributing free food from noon to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays at the South Entrance of the Iowa Memorial Union by appointment only. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- DeGowin Blood Center summer blood drive: noon to 6 p.m. today and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow, UI Old Museum of Art
- Zoom Meditations: Living Peace Meditation, 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. tomorrow
- liveWELL is offering the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s nationally recognized program proven to prevent or delay Type 2 diabetes. Join this year-long program to become more active and improve your health. New groups start August 2020.
- The Hardin Library building may be closed, but staff, services, and resources are available virtually. Hardin staff are happy to answer your questions by email or chat, or to meet with you via Zoom.
Outside UI Health Care
Face masks, temp checks, and a new way of serving lunch: More details about reopening schools in Iowa City
Interim Iowa City Community School District Superintendent Matt Degner and members of the district’s Return to Learn Plan team offered more details on how schools will reopen in the fall, Little Village Magazine reports.
Some groups are hoping the change at the professional level changes minds at the local and regional level as well, KCRG reports.
A strong cold front will slide through the area late afternoon bringing a risk of strong storms capable of large hail and damaging wind gusts, CBS2 reports.
If the year 2020 is good for anything, it’s the lesson that during a crisis, anyone who builds a better mousetrap will find the world beating a path to his door, CNN reports.
The award goes to a student athlete that excelled academically, athletically, and committed to community service and leadership, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.