We are caring for 780 inpatients and have 4,745 outpatient visits today.
High: 46 Low: 30 Mostly cloudy
High: 45 Low: 27 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
Due to high usage, the UI DeGowin Blood Center is in need of donors of Types O-negative and O-positive blood. Donate at the Volunteer Services blood drive tomorrow in the East Room (Elevator D/F, Level 8) between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Reminder: Changing Smart Phrases and other personalization settings are locked down until after the Epic upgrade, to happen on Dec. 7 at 1 a.m.
News: In The Loop
Here’s a quick look back at our favorite feature stories from November.
The UI Carver College of Medicine’s Writing and Humanities Program gives medical students the space and time to pursue interests in the arts and humanities.
Jack Stapleton, MD, founder of the University of Iowa HIV/AIDS Clinic, attended an event marking World AIDS Day on Dec. 1, and spoke with KCRG about the progress made in the 31 years since the clinic’s opening.
Events: Join us
- Schwartz Center Rounds: “Finding meaning in the holidays while in the hospital,” noon to 1 p.m. today, East Room (Elevator D/F, Level 8 )
- Epic 2019 upgrade drop-in sessions for nursing and ancillary staff: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow and Thursday, Dec. 5, E178 (Elevator BE, Level 1)
- New support group for stroke survivors and their caregivers: 10 to 11 a.m. the first Wednesday of every month, beginning tomorrow, Lower Level of UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing
- Engaging employees for effective performance training: 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Hospital leadership has announced exciting new changes to our patient parking rates that begin today in partnership with UI Parking and Transportation.
- The UI Carver College of Medicine seeks an experienced and distinguished faculty member to serve as its next associate dean for Faculty Affairs and Development.
- UI Mood Disorders Center is seeking research pilot proposals for the AdamFest research fund. The projects may be pilot focused with a path to secure more funding, or may be small, time-limited research studies. Proposals due Dec. 31.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Do you have achilles tendinopathy/tendonitis? Participate in a clinical trial on the effects of education and exercise. Compensation and free physical therapy. Contact Jing Danielson at 319-356-1722 or visit is.gd/TEAchScreen.
Outside UI Health Care
Downing Thomas will return to a faculty position after more than 10 years representing the UI on an international stage, Iowa Now reports.
A new interchange along Interstate 380 in southern Johnson County is spurring growth in at least two nearby cities, KCRG reports.
A growing season filled with obstacles to farmers has continued late into the autumn, KCRG reports.
Close to 100 rural Montanans are taking on one of the largest corporations in the world before the U.S. Supreme Court, NPR reports.
In the past 30 years, the number of medical devices that generate alarms has risen from about 10 to nearly 40, ABC News reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.