We are caring for 768 inpatients and have 4,355 outpatient visits today.
High: 86 Low: 71 Severe thunderstorms
High: 81 Low: 60 Chance T-storms
Broadcasts: Need to know
Recently, Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller issued a clarification regarding Iowa’s hemp and medical cannabidiol laws.
News: In The Loop
It’s back-to-school season, and Adam Brown, MD, sat down with KCRG to discuss how routines can help kids start the school year right.
We’re officially on Instagram! Follow @uihealthcare to see how patient care, research, and education happening at #uiowa are changing medicine and changing lives every day.
The 2019 Progress in Medicine event, Learning Together in the 21st Century, educates health care providers to improve interprofessional patient care and will include topics in allergy/immunology, endocrinology, general internal medicine, hematology/oncology, hospital medicine, keynote on medical cannabis, breakout sessions, and more.
Events: Join us
- Midweek Meditation: Living Peace Meditation: 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. tomorrow, Meditation Room (Level 12), UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital
- First-Generation T-Shirt giveaway: Aug. 21 and 22, Cleary Walkway, T-shirts for faculty, staff, and new students who identify as first-gen or advocates will be distributed during On Iowa!
- Iowa football health care appreciation game: 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, Kinnick Stadium, Iowa vs. Rutgers
- The university has extended its contract with Fredrikson & Byron, P.A., to begin the next stage of the employment practices review. This next stage will include a modified review of academic and operational units as well as UI Health Care. The university is paring back the review’s scope to focus on the more immediate need of strengthening supervisor training.
- Lynda.com, an online library of thousands of instructional videos available to UI students and employees, has upgraded to LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning features the same content and remains free for students, faculty, and staff but will provide a more personalized experience.
- Did you know UI Health Care offers female fertility preservation services in its Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Clinic? If you are a woman who doesn’t anticipate becoming pregnant for several years but hopes to have a child in the future, fertility preservation might be a good option for you. Visit uihc.org/fertility-preservation-program or call 319-356-1767.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- UI researchers are working on better understanding hazards of farm noise using a noise monitor, phone, and laptop. If you are a farmer and want more info visit this site.
Outside UI Health Care
Residence hall move-in for new UI students are scheduled in shifts from 9 a.m. to noon and 2 to 5 p.m. today, tomorrow, and Thursday, Iowa Now reports
UnityPoint Health is hosting an open house on Thursday to unveil a new transitional care facility, with space for 46 skilled nursing and rehabilitation patient suites, KWWL reports.
San Francisco International Airport is banning the sale of plastic water bottles in order to become the world’s first zero-waste airport by 2021, CBS reports.
Twitter will no longer accept advertisements from state-controlled media outlets after Chinese social media campaigns sought to undermine pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong, CNN reports.
The act of making friends is as simple as it is difficult, so experts explained ways to make new friends, as well as to take better care of the friendships you already have, NPR reports.
Whether you’ve been coming to Iowa City for years or haven’t attended your first football game yet, dive in to everything you need to make your Hawkeye gameday experience enjoyable, SBNation reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.