There’s a single hub to easily explore mental health services.
Keeping you in The Loop
Though most people don’t choose to be in the hospital, employees like Jason Johnson, nursing assistant in the Medical Surgical Cardiology Unit (MSCU) make each patient’s stay easier.
UI Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center has received its fourth renewal as a comprehensive cancer center from the National Cancer Institute. The designation is for a five-year period and includes $12.5 million to support cancer research.
Fifteen UI Carver College of Medicine faculty members will be honored for their work as scientists, scholars, and educators at a special event held virtually at 3:30 p.m. today.
- The Co-worker Observations Reporting System (CORS) will be down tomorrow from 10 a.m. to noon.
- The UI Health Care Executive Leadership Academy is now accepting applications for the 2021–22 academy year. Applications are due April 30.
- Remember to maintain patient privacy in all environments—including personal social media accounts—by refraining from posts that include identifiable patient information.
“Very proud of University of Iowa Hospital! Thanks to all the hardworking health care professionals!”
–@uihealthcare Facebook comment #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
UI Health Care interpreter Adrián Silva has seen firsthand the pain COVID-19 can cause. That’s why he received his COVID-19 vaccine.
In this video, Silva says, “For everyone that’s important to you, get vaccinated.”
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 775 today
Total outpatient visits: 4,023 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 15 yesterday, 522 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 39 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 7% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 228 yesterday, 21,376 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 1 yesterday, 1,642 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 3 yesterday, 15,314 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 214 yesterday, 13,173 to date
Epic: What’s coming
- When routing a patient call or prescription refill message, you will be able to direct responses back to a pool so that the message’s follow-ups can be resolved more quickly, as part of the Epic Spring upgrade.
Research volunteers invited
- Non-smokers are invited to participate in a research study comparing lung imaging and the effects of Sildenafil of non-smokers with that of smokers. Four visits. Compensation. Contact 319-356-1810 or email@example.com.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- Mindfulness Meditation: 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. tomorrow, via Zoom
- Red Shoe Run & Walk 5K: 10 a.m. to noon on Sunday, May 2.
Outside UI Health Care
City leaders are seeking input on designs for the proposed new playground, KCRG reports.
Speakers said there’s been progress, but more work must be done, Little Village Magazine reports.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced it’s expanding a pandemic program into the summer to help families pay for meals their children won’t get in school, NPR reports.
While great strides have been made in the study of tornadoes, there’s still much we don’t know, CNN reports.
Bohannon is eligible for one more year of collegiate basketball due to the COVID-19 pandemic, KWWL reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.