View UI Health Care social media guidelines on The Point.
Vaccine update: Pausing Johnson & Johnson’s (Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine
Keeping you in The Loop
UI neurosurgeon Patrick Hitchon, MD, performed a challenging spinal fusion that relieved Flory’s pain so she could get outside and enjoy the outdoors again.
A study of UI Hospitals & Clinics health care workers found that exposure at home was more likely to result in infection with the disease compared with exposure in the community or at work.
- Beginning tomorrow, the north-bound lane of Hawkeye Park Road near the intersection with Melrose Ave will close until May 19.
- Visit the Market page on The Loop for sales and promotions.
- The University of Iowa Benefits Office warns faculty and staff to be aware of possible unemployment scams.
“A huge win for the state with UIHC offering these mental health services!”
–@uihealthcare Instagram comment #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
Every April, hospitals across the United States raise Donate Life flags and fly them all month as part of National Donate Life Month.
It’s a way to spread awareness about organ, eye, and tissue donation and to honor those who gave the gift of life.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 775 today
Total outpatient visits: 4,076 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 17 yesterday, 479 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 1 yesterday, 33 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 11% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 247 yesterday, 19,305 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 2 yesterday, 1,629 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 139 yesterday, 14,622 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 44 yesterday, 12,838 to date
Research volunteers invited
- Men with chronic migraine age 30 or older are invited to participate in an online survey study. To participate in the study, please visit redcap.link/MSS_in_Chronic_Pain Questions? Email NMBL@uiowa.edu.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- Join the 2021 Johnson County Heart Walk: 8 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 1.
- Writing as Meditation: 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. tomorrow, via Zoom.
- liveWELL training: The four pillars of retirement planning: Every Tuesday until May 4, via Zoom.
Outside UI Health Care
Curbside pick-up has given way to outdoor dining as picnic tables again replace parking spots on a short stretch of North Linn Street in Iowa City, Little Village Magazine reports.
Residents along the state’s Atlantic coast from West Palm Beach to Miami shared videos of the surprising sight on social media, NPR reports.
Galloni takes the helm as the news agency faces an array of challenges, some of these common to all news media, others unique to Reuters’ sprawling operation, NBC News reports.
A pair of runner-up individual finishes propelled the Iowa women’s golf team to the top of the five-team field, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.