We are caring for 771 inpatients and have 4,230 outpatient visits today.
High: 31 Low: 16 Sunny
High: 35 Low: 26 Partly sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
Some premium rates and university benefits will change effective Jan. 1, 2020. Please be sure to review changes and make benefits choices for next year before 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 15. If you do nothing during open enrollment, you will remain enrolled in your current benefits selections, with the exception of your flexible spending account.
News: In The Loop
A new off-site Central Sterilizing Services facility will be opening next spring with a much larger space and the latest technology in medical sterilization.
Welcome to our most recent UI Health Care providers who started during the month of October: a radiologist, immunologist, psychiatry nurse practitioner, transplant surgeon, and more.
Employees have been busier than ever, and we want to make sure each and every individual has the opportunity to get vaccinated and participate in the campaign.
Events: Join us
- Sexual Health Matters seminar: 6 to 7 p.m. tonight, UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing
- AAMC Annual Meeting: UI Health Care reception, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, Hyatt Regency, Phoenix, AZ
- Frontiers in Pediatrics Research Seminar with Catherina Pinnaro, MD, and Jessica A. O. Zimmerman, MD: noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Fourth Floor Salon holiday sale: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19, and 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- Housing is Health Care: 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2117 MERF
- The Department of Radiology and HCIS are conducting a survey of users’ experiences viewing patient images in Epic and are interested in your feedback and suggestions to improve their services. Please take this five minute survey to share your input.
- Today is International Project Management Day. The UI Health Care Project Management Office (PMO) celebrates this day to encourage knowledge sharing of successful execution of projects achieving outcomes. Learn more about the PMO and how they can help you and your team.
- Still need to get the flu vaccination for you or your family? Stop by the Safety Store in UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (Level 1) for a Buzzy at 10% off Nov. 4–9. The Buzzy uses vibration and cold sensation to reduce pain of needlesticks.
- Get ready for a new version of Epic on Dec. 7. Explore the new version now with Epic Playground PLY3 and Epic Playground Patients.
- Participating in community outreach activities? You may be able to count these as community benefit. To learn more, email Aubry Lyon at email@example.com to make sure your department’s community benefit efforts are recorded for FY19.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- U.S. Citizens invited for research study: online morality survey followed by magnetic resonance brain scanning. Up to an hour in the scanner and thirty minutes outside. Compensation. Contact Leia Belt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
As overall enrollment at all three state Board of Regents universities fell, the University of Iowa reported an increase exclusively in new first-year enrollment, The Daily Iowan reports.
New Cambus models feature improved safety features and a new design, The Daily Iowan reports.
The Iowa Department of Transportation started discussing the expansion of I-380 from a four-lane to a six-lane highway, KCRG reports.
An international team of researchers say the fossilized partial skeleton of a male ape that lived almost 12 million years ago bears a striking resemblance to modern human bones, ABC News reports.
The study looked at the eating habits and body weight of only children and found they had less healthy eating habits and beverage choices than families with multiple children, CNN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.