We are caring for 805 inpatients and have 4,421 outpatient visits today.
Broadcasts: Need to know
With the new version of Epic coming Dec. 7, a few updates will occur in how we share notes with patients:
- “Note shared with patient” notation at the bottom of all notes will accurately reflect the shared to MyChart status.
- Clinicians should not unselect Share with Patient “just because.” Patients have a right to their records.
- System respects current logic, for example: Progress notes are not automatically shared, but discharge summaries and clinic notes are shared.
Possible traffic interruptions tonight
The UI men’s basketball team is hosting a game tonight at 6 p.m. in Carver Hawkeye Arena. Traffic around the arena may be heavy, and CAMBUS service may be delayed. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-335-1475.
Keeping you in The Loop
Suresh Gunasekaran, CEO, UI Hospitals & Clinics, sat down with The Gazette‘s editorial board earlier this week to discuss our vision for growth.
*Subscription service, limited access
The Short Coat Podcast crew discusses how to prepare for the inevitability of witnessing, experiencing, and committing microaggressions.
Events: Join us
- Lung injury associated with vaping webinar: 10 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26
- First Steps Advance Care Planning Facilitator Certification by Honoring Your Wishes: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, Hills Bank and Trust, 1401 S. Gilbert St., Iowa City
- The employee and volunteer flu vaccination campaign ends tomorrow. You must log in to ReadySet and complete the flu survey to record your participation in the campaign.
- Free patient parking and more affordable multi-day passes for our patients’ visitors are the two major parking changes coming to UI Hospitals & Clinics beginning Tuesday, Dec. 3.
- As a part of the General Hospital masonry repair project, teams will be photographing the exterior of the General Hospital and Boyd Tower buildings and courtyards from Nov. 22 to 25. Photographs will be taken using a combination of drones and handheld cameras and be taken from roof areas and streets/sidewalks to scan each building face.
- BeardUp this November to raise awareness for the UI Department of Urology Men’s Health Program. Join the BeardUp Facebook event, grow your facial hair, and post your best photos in November with the hashtag #BeardUpIowa.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Parents and their infants under 6 months are invited to a research study at the UI Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences. Compensation. Contact Sleep Development Lab: 319-400-8540 or email@example.com.
Outside UI Health Care
Three Minute Thesis, an annual Graduate College program, teaches students how to explain their research to regular folks, Iowa Now reports.
Outlying wooded areas of UI property will be included in Iowa City’s Deer Population Management Project, Iowa Now reports.
Amazon has confirmed its plans to open a delivery station in the Des Moines suburb of Grimes, KCRG reports.
Women in Iowa are fighting the state’s tampon tax online, KCRG reports. Iowa is one of 33 states that put an additional tax on feminine hygiene products.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that the U.S. is seeing more flu than is typical for this time of year, CNN reports.
SpaceX’s Starship rocket prototype experienced a major failure during pressurization testing yesterday, BBC News reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.