We are caring for 725 inpatients and have 3,733 outpatient visits today.
High: 82 Low: 68 Chance storms
High: 95 Low: 72 Mostly sunny
Events: Join us
- Science Thursdays: food trucks with Sweet Cacophony, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today, MERF courtyard
- Spiritual Services Christian Centering Prayer: 12:30 to 1 p.m. most Fridays, Meditation Room (Elevator B, Level 1); email email@example.com
- Communication and Professionalism Workshop: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 19, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Examined Life Conference: Thursday, Oct. 25, to Saturday, Oct. 27, MERF; explore medicine’s creative side
News: In The Loop
Two special guests from the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund joined The Short Coat Podcast crew last week to discuss the challenges and realities of working to provide health care within the confines of an occupied territory.
The top hand hygiene performers for the month of May were:
- Best performing unit: 7JCP, dialysis (100 percent)
- Best performing job role: Housekeeping (100 percent)—featured in the photo
- Most improved unit: 2JCP (11 percent increase)
- Most improved job role: Nursing students (24 percent increase)
- If you are tired more days than not following a fitful night’s sleep, your UI EAP has a free sleep program for you. Contact 319-335-2085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominate a faculty member for the 2019 Daryl and Nancy Granner Distinguished Mentor Award. Deadline is Tuesday, July 31.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Children ages 7 to 9 are invited to participate in a research study on brain development. Child must have at least one biological parent with alcohol issues. Compensation. Contact Cari Linkenmeyer at email@example.com or 319-353-8520.
Outside UI Health Care
The Walking Scavenger Hunt, sponsored by liveWELL, runs through Friday, Aug. 31, and encourages employees to walk all over campus for nine landmarks, earning points toward prizes at the Wellness Store, Iowa Now reports.
Iowa’s Medicaid director said today that the state is projected to save money under the privatized program this budget year, but he didn’t offer many details about how it’s cutting costs, CBS2 reports.
California residents will get a chance to vote on a measure to divide into three separate states in the November general election, KCRG reports.
Antarctica lost 219 billion tons of ice annually from 2012 through 2017—triple the melt rate from a decade ago, The New York Times reports.
With the rush to bring food to customers’ doorsteps, job postings for delivery drivers have tripled on Indeed.com in the past three years, The Chicago Tribune reports.
The breeze is blowing in New York and is expected to gain momentum in today’s opening round of the U.S. Open, forcing the USGA to reconfigure its setup, GolfDigest reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.