We are caring for 815 inpatients and have 4,167 outpatient visits today.
High: 12 Low: 8 Sunny
High: 30 Low: 25 Snow likely
Broadcasts: Need to know
Join Brooks Jackson, MD, MBA, UI vice president for medical affairs and the Tyrone D. Artz Dean of the UI Carver College of Medicine, at 5:15 p.m. tonight in the Prem Sahai Auditorium, 1110 MERF for the VPMA State of the Enterprise. You can also view a live broadcast of this event (UI Health Care ID and password required).
News: In The Loop
UI QuickCare–Old Capitol Town Center in downtown Iowa City now offers women’s health and psychiatry services by appointment, in addition to the walk-in UI QuickCare services. To schedule, call 800-777-8442 or visit uihc.org/appointment.
Research takes time, so what’s a realistic outcome for the summer research student? That’s the topic up for discussion on this episode of The Short Coat Podcast.
What does it mean to find love and companionship after the end of a marriage? On this episode of Iowa Public Radio’s Talk of Iowa, host Charity Nebbe is joined by Jacob Priest, assistant professor of Couples and Family Therapy in the UI Department of Psychiatry.
Events: Join us
- Candidate for Stead Family Department of Pediatrics chair and DEO: noon to 1 p.m. today, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- New Year Financial Coaching Seminar: 9:30 a.m. tomorrow, Atrium Conference Room A/B (Elevator D, Level 7)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy program: 10 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Jan. 22 to March 11
- Emotional intelligence training: 9 to 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 12, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4)
- Keep our campus tobacco free. UI campus policy prohibits the use of e-cigarettes, cigarettes, and other tobacco-related products on UI property. Persons smoking on UI property may be fined $50.
- The Institute for Clinical and Translational Science invites application for the CTSA Inter-Institutional Pilot Award Program, which will fund innovative, translational research projects that involve two or more of the Western States Consortium members.
- Did you know you can order MyChart rack cards through UI Printing’s Health Care catalog? To view all MyChart materials for print, visit the MyChart page on the UI Printing Catalog, select “Catalog” at the top of the page, then “UI Health Care Catalog” and “MyChart Products.”
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Individuals ages 18 to 70 with chronic low back pain or diagnosed fibromyalgia are invited to participate in a research study that investigates multiple measures of light, sound, and pain sensitivity. Compensation. Email NMBL@uiowa.edu or call 319-353-5342.
Outside UI Health Care
A Cedar Rapids man who turned his vehicle into a mobile billboard to help him find a kidney donor has found a match, KCRG reports.
Wind chill values will be below zero for much of the day today before a winter storm system arrives tomorrow, KCCI reports.
A new poll finds that millennials, the age group most likely to be affected by the flu this season, are also the least likely to receive flu shots, NBC News reports.
About 15 years ago, an Amish family in the eastern U.S. was hit by an unexplainable tragedy, CNN reports.
The scientists hope that what they learn from these mice will lead to new treatments for millions of people with conditions that weaken muscles and bones, NPR reports.
Two more Hawkeyes, Alex Karras and Fred “Duke” Slater, have been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.