We are caring for 787 inpatients and have 4,697 outpatient visits today.
High: 53 Low: 29 Sunny
High: 37 Low: 23 Mostly sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
Starting Tuesday, Dec. 10, all prescription printing will begin transitioning to “plain paper prescriptions” across the main UI Hospitals & Clinics facility. Prescriptions will no longer print on pre-printed prescription paper. Implementation will occur by pavilion.
News: In The Loop
How one nurse’s thoughtful idea has helped change the way children experience the Emergency Department.
John Engelhardt, PhD, professor and head of anatomy and cell biology in the UI Carver College of Medicine and director of the UI Center for Gene Therapy, is recognized for his work in developing gene therapies to treat cystic fibrosis.
Events: Join us
- Holidays with Dance Marathon: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, Second Floor Ballroom, Iowa Memorial Union
- Our current vendor for online UI Health Care merchandise is no longer able to support our online stores and will be closing. Orders that have already been placed will be fulfilled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are currently working on a new solution.
- Be a part of a wonderful tradition at UI Hospitals & Clinics by adopting an angel and donating a gift for our patients. The Angel Tree is in front of the Volunteer Services Office (Elevator F, Level 8) until Dec. 16. Sponsored by the UI Hospitals & Clinics Holiday Committee.
- Are you a creative writer? Previously unpublished works of fiction or poetry are being sought for publication in a Carver College of Medicine anthology of creative writing. Submission deadline is Jan. 1, 2020.
- The Department of Surgery has implemented service pagers for divisions within the department. These are the primary means of communication for each division and can be used 24/7 to communicate with providers caring for patients on those services. Additional signs, handouts, and education sessions can be provided by reaching out to email@example.com.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- The Departments of Orthopedics and Urology invite adult males who have been experiencing testicular/epididymal/scrotal content pain for longer than three months to participate in a research study. Study requires an office visit with urology, four surveys, a physical exam, and X-rays. If interested, call 319-356-2421 to schedule an appointment.
Outside UI Health Care
A time capsule will be uncovered underneath the Communications Center when the UI begins demolition in 2020, The Daily Iowan reports.
The Iowa Supreme Court on Wednesday denied a request to delay the removal of bears, mountain lions, and hundreds of other animals from an eastern Iowa roadside zoo, KCRG reports.
Thousands of packages are stolen from doorsteps, particularly during the holiday season. Here are some ways to make sure your packages make it to you safely, NBC News reports.
The U.S. Navy is investigating what prompted a sailor to shoot dead two civilians working at Hawaii’s historic Pearl Harbor military base, Reuters reports.
The undefeated Tigers offered another stiff test to the Hawkeyes, which they handled well, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.