We are caring for 812 inpatients and have 4,198 outpatient visits today.
Broadcasts: Need to know
All UI Health Care employees and volunteers are invited to participate in the annual Staff and Volunteer Appreciation Meal which began today at 10:30 a.m. and continues until 4 a.m. tomorrow in multiple locations. Remember to bring your badge to scan.
Keeping you in The Loop
Amy Lee, PhD, will be stepping down as assistant dean for research and will continue to develop the research environment and focus on her research program in the Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics. On behalf of our collegiate community, we thank her for her many contributions to the enterprise.
This week’s episode kicks off with the difficult topic of “freezing” development, and also speaks with guest co-host Ryan Gray, MD, from Meded Media about using YouTube to prepare for surgery.
In this collection of recent acrylic paintings, artist Corbin Bailey uses geometric shapes of color in differing saturation and various textures to create playful works that keep viewers’ eyes moving.
Events: Join us
- Faculty and Staff Orchestra concert and sing-along: noon to 1 p.m. today, Colloton Pavilion Atrium (Elevator F, Level 1)
- Wood Intermediate Choir: 10:30 a.m. tomorrow, Colloton Pavilion Atrium (Elevator F, Level 1)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy program: 10 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Jan. 22 to March 11
- “Plain paper prescriptions” are currently being implemented by pavilion across the main UI Hospitals & Clinics facility. Prescriptions will no longer print on pre-printed prescription paper.
- Online delivery is a fast and secure way for UI employees to receive their year-end W-2 form. Set your delivery preference in Employee Self Service; preferences are saved from year to year.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Men and women, ages 58–80 with no metal implants, are invited to participate as controls in a research study on metal hip replacements. This study will include one visit that will last approximately one hour and include a blood draw. Compensation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-384-9643.
Outside UI Health Care
More than 1,800 UI students will participate in fall 2019 commencement ceremonies, which begin Thursday, Dec. 19, Iowa Now reports.
Future Hawkeye teachers will be equipped to nurture the classroom environment and focus on improving mental health in youth through a new College of Education track, The Daily Iowan reports.
Police say two Chicago Park District workers escaped safely after a salt truck slid on ice and into Lake Michigan, KCRG reports.
Every year, something different captures our attention—but we don’t always know how to say it right, CNN reports.
Medical schools are partnering with veterinary schools and zoos on cross-species education and research, AAMC reports.
The Hawkeyes have not won a regular season game in Ames since 2001 but will have the opportunity to do so tonight, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.