Keeping you in The Loop
After the UI heart transplant team gave him his full life back, Marcus Jones began telling the world about the importance of organ donation.
During the course of her 34-year career, certain images have stayed with UI Health Care photographer Susan McClellan. As she prepares to retire, McClellen shares 14 of her favorite photos.
Madeline Shea, PhD, professor in the Department of Biochemistry, has been awarded one of the 2020 President and Provost Awards for Teaching Excellence in recognition of her years of outstanding teaching.
- Effective tomorrow, the Pain Management Clinic will be moving from the Pomerantz Family Pavilion (Level 4, Elevator M) to UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing East.
- Cedar Rapids residents can now get the comprehensive care they need closer to home by scheduling an appointment at the UI Health Care–Cedar Rapids Family Medicine location.
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation offers free, online LGBTQ+ patient-centered care training.
Did you know you can submit non-urgent service and repair requests for Engineering Services, Environmental Services, and Guest Services?
We Stand Together
Do you receive questions about what vaccinated individuals should and shouldn’t do? Check out the graphic below to view why no matter the COVID-19 vaccination status, it’s as important as ever to continue following safety measures.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 821 today
Total outpatient visits: 3,744 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 16 yesterday, 529 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 39 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 13% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 135 yesterday, 21,641 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 1 yesterday, 1,646 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 1 yesterday, 15,318 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 197 yesterday, 13,510 to date
Epic: What’s coming
As part of the Epic Spring upgrade, users will be able to document that a patient isn’t taking a patient-reported medication, similar to the process for a prescription.
Research volunteers invited
- Women who are pregnant are invited to participate in a research study examining the effects of maternal mental health and infant heart development. Participation includes health questionnaires during pregnancy and an ultrasound of your infant’s heart. Compensation is provided. Email NICU-Research@uiowa.edu or call 319-834-0831.
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
Events: Join us
- 2021 Johnson County Heart Walk: 8 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 1.
- Men’s health virtual seminar: 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 4.
Outside UI Health Care
The event, which kicked off yesterday, will be held on Wednesday and Saturday nights through August, KCRG reports.
Restaurants no longer need a special waiver from the state to allow patrons to bring their dogs into outdoor dining areas, Little Village Magazine reports.
Jesse Larios says he does not know exactly what inspired him to dress up and start the over 400-mile trip, but he’s been pleased with the attention the journey has received, Reuters reports.
Biologists say new gene sequencing techniques have allowed them to detail full genomes and find overlooked genes in 25 important species, NPR reports.
Betts, the Iowa football program’s second all-time leading rusher, played for the Hawkeyes from 1998-2001, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.