We are caring for 741 inpatients and have 3,849 outpatient visits today.
High: 61 Low: 34 Rain
High: 48 Low: 31 Cloudy
- Epic upgrade: Did you know? With the new Epic, chief complaints will no longer be set default. To be sure encounters will close, review the chief complaint in the Rooming tab in the Visit Info section. To review at a glance, add the chief complaint column to your schedule view.
- The 2019 Faculty Executive Committee election voting period is open until Friday, April 19. Read the nomination statements on The Loop, and then submit your ballot online.
- The transition to the Vue Motion image viewer has been completed. Familiarize yourself with Vue Motion by visiting the Epic A–Z site. For questions or more information, contact the HCIS Help Desk at 319-356-0001 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about Vue Motion application tools or training, contact Radiology Image Management at 319-356-2345.
News: In The Loop
Neuroscience doctoral candidate Brittany Williams loves conducting research, and through the support of mentors and the welcoming environment at the UI, she hopes to help those with visual impairments.
Rick Simpson has contributed over 1,200 hours volunteering at UI Hospitals & Clinics. He currently volunteers at the Rooftop Café, about which he says, “There’s no pressure, and it’s a great place to be.”
Matthew Howard, MD, chair and DEO of the Department of Neurosurgery, visits The Short Coat Podcast to discuss the process and toils of inventing medical devices.
Events: Join us
- Faculty Financial Boot Camp: Proposals, Daily Operations, and More, 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. tomorrow, Melrose Conference Rooms 1 and 2 (Elevator L, Level 5)
- 2019 Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Symposium: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. tomorrow, Conference Center, 2415 JCP
- National Health Care Decisions Week: Honoring Your Wishes display, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, April 15, and Tuesday, April 16, Fountain Dining Room (Elevator C, Level 1)
- Diagnosing and treating catatonia, behavioral health continuing education: 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 27, East Room (Elevator F, Level 8)
- Iowa City Hospice Walk for Dignity: 1 p.m., Sunday, April 28, Willow Creek Park, Iowa City
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Women between the ages of 18 and 99 who have received a breast cancer diagnosis while working at least 30 hours a week are invited to participate in a research study of overall well-being. Study requires 1 hour to complete an online survey. Compensation. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Outside UI Health Care
Sounds of Speech evolved from a classroom learning tool to a top language app, Iowa Now reports.
UI student Mark Schoen has been awarded the U.S. State Department Critical Language Scholarship to study Bahasa, the official language of Indonesia, The Daily Iowan reports.
The new facility will be across from the fire station and will be 16,000 square feet, much larger than the current 1,800-square-foot building, KCRG reports.
An unusual species of human apparently lived on the island of Luzon in the Philippines as recently as 50,000 years ago, NPR reports.
Megan Gustafson, a 6’3″ former center for the Hawkeyes, will be joining the Dallas Wings as their second-round draft pick, KCRG reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.