We are caring for 752 inpatients and have 4,285 outpatient visits today.
High: 83 Low: 71 T-storms likely
High: 86 Low: 69 Mostly sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
This week we are welcoming The Joint Commission for a five-day visit as they conduct a full survey of UI Hospitals & Clinics. Remember RACE, PASS, and hospital emergency numbers (195, 199), and know the location of your nearest fire extinguisher. Secure oxygen cylinders. Don’t block egress corridors, fire exit doors, electrical panels, or med gas valves.
Epic: What’s new
- There are no Epic changes being implemented on Tuesday, Sept. 10. Any previously planned changes are being held until Tuesday, Sept. 17. See Status Reports (What’s New) on the Epic Education A–Z site for previous status reports and changes.
News: In The Loop
Welcome to our most recent UI Health Care providers who started during the month of August, including three orthopedic surgeons, a pulmonologist, ophthalmologist, and many more.
Project Art announces a new temporary exhibit at UI Hospitals & Clinics in Gallery I (Elevator F, Level 8) by artist Alison Filley, who explores the trappings associated with domestic expectations and contemporary popular culture.
UI oncologist Varun Monga, MBBS, teamed up with cyclist Ashish Mitra to raise money and advocate for sarcoma patients, The Daily Iowan reports.
Events: Join us
- TC Bonez BBQ lunch benefitting UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today, MERF Atrium
- Spiritual Services Christian healing and prayer service: noon tomorrow, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Meditation Room (Level 12)
- Free child safety seat check: 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing
- Ann Williamson Leadership and Innovation Event: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27, East Room (Elevator F, Level 8)
- Spotlight on Current and Future Research: 5 to 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 30, East Room (Elevator F, Level 8)
- Pediatric Pancreatitis Education Day: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2); intended for patients and family members. Register by Oct. 1.
- CAMBUS is participating in a comprehensive study of local transit systems and is asking for your help. To collect feedback for the study, CAMBUS users on the buses will be asked on Sept. 11 and 12 to complete a brief survey about their experiences.
- The Institute for Clinical and Translational Science is sponsoring a K Club for any faculty planning to submit a K, R, or VA equivalent grant within the next 12 months. They will meet twice a month beginning tomorrow. Space is limited.
Outside UI Health Care
UI is ranked 34th, up from 38th, in the latest rankings of the nation’s public universities published by U.S. News & World Report, Iowa Now reports.
The Iowa Gym-Nest is offering a class for children with autism in an environment where they can express themselves while working on their motor skills, The Daily Iowan reports.
The University of Tennessee turned a Florida boy’s homemade T-shirt into official apparel after he was laughed at for the shirt by some of his classmates, KCRG reports.
Erramatti Mangayamma, a farmer from the southern state of Andhra Pradesh, is believed to be the oldest person ever to give birth, CNN reports.
ESPN College Football GameDay is heading to Ames Saturday for the annual Cy-Hawk game between the Iowa Hawkeyes and Iowa State Cyclones, CBS2 reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.