We are caring for 733 inpatients and have 4,230 outpatient visits today.
High: 43 Low: 27 Chance snow
High: 40 Low: 27 Mostly sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
Explore the Epic Playground
Get ready for a streamlined new electronic medical record (EMR) experience as we upgrade to the most current version of Epic on Dec. 7. Cleaner visuals, intuitive processes, and more customization are all in the works. Start exploring it now in the Epic Playground and Epic Playground Patients.
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for Oct. 29, 2019, for all other updates and screenshots.
- Update to Inpatient After Visit Summary
- Update to Enter/Edit Results
- Timing Change Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire
News: In The Loop
“What a magnificent way to really make a Saturday special for families that are fighting tough battles,” says Kirk Ferentz, UI head football coach.
The annual Carver College of Medicine Student Medical Research Conference is an opportunity for medical students who have conducted research to present their results, receive feedback, and compete for cash awards.
A little-known condition almost forced Livia to quit softball at age 14, but now she’s playing better than ever.
The Inherited Neuropathy Consortium led by UI neurologist Michael Shy, MD, has received a grant renewal to continue studying inherited neuropathies, The Daily Iowan reports.
Events: Join us
- Early voting for the Nov. 5 city and school elections: today, Melrose Conference Room 3 (Elevator L, Level 5), and tomorrow in Atrium Conference Room A/B (Elevator D, Level 7). Hours both days are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Inaugural Celebration of Resident and Fellow Teaching event: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow, John Colloton Pavilion Atrium (Elevator F, Level 1)
- DVIP Bench Press: fundraiser by the McCowen Learning Community for the Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP), 5 to 9 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4, MERF Atrium
- Did you receive your flu vaccination at your doctor’s office? If you received your flu vaccination as a patient at your doctor’s office, you still have to record your vaccination in ReadySet to be in compliance with the mandatory flu campaign. Questions about the flu campaign? Start here.
- Due to necessary maintenance, UI Hospital & Clinics main campus and UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital will experience a cable TV video outage from 7 to 8 a.m. tomorrow. In-house channels #104–137 will remain available during this outage.
- Community health education, support groups, and free screenings. What do these have in common? They’re all examples of community benefit! Learn more about community benefit on The Point, under Administration and Staff.
- UI Health Care’s Breast Imaging Center has walk-in mammography screenings during October, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You don’t need an appointment. Just walk in to get screened.
Outside UI Health Care
State-of-the-art technologies at the Hank Lab combine psychology and computer science to study pedestrian behavior, The Daily Iowan reports.
UI Graduate and Professional Student Government recently created a local-restaurant map to promote climate-conscious eating habits, The Daily Iowan reports.
Californian Governor Gavin Newsom has declared a state-wide emergency as wildfires, whipped up by fierce winds, continue to sweep through the area, BBC reports.
The number of working Americans who get less than seven hours of sleep a night is on the rise, NPR reports.
Tiger Woods added another layer of history to a remarkable year when he won his record-equaling 82nd PGA Tour title at the Zozo Championship in Chiba, Japan, CNN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.