We are caring for 711 inpatients and have 4,237 outpatient visits today.
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for Nov. 5, 2019, for all updates and screenshots.
- Code Status and Goals of Care conversations
- Sequential Organ Failure Assessment score and risk for sepsis
- Update to add-on scheduling questions for OpTime
- New options for Pre-Cert Status
- Fix for encounter reminder preference
- Playground Practice Patients—UI Health Care
Keeping you in The Loop
Congratulations to Jennie Carver-Westra, RN, of 4JPP, Medical-Surgical Division, Hematology/Oncology, for receiving this month’s DAISY Award.
UI researchers are using simple peptides to deliver gene-editing tools into notoriously hard-to-access lung and airway cells with the goal of creating new treatments for people with diseases like cystic fibrosis, COPD, and asthma.
Nestled in the basement of the Eckstein Medical Research Building is a high-tech lab, full of the latest in virtual reality simulators and gait analysis.
UI Hospitals & Clinics has hired Timothy Kan to be the first chief growth officer after seeing an increase in demand for its services, The Daily Iowan reports.
Events: Join us
- Food trucks after dark: 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. tonight, valet area near Parking Ramp 1
- Schwartz Center Rounds: “Navigating the highs and lows when someone in your family has diabetes,” noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow, East Room (Elevator D/F, Level 8)
- Iowa Medical Society Physician Burnout Conference: 6 to 9 p.m. tomorrow, Hilton Garden Inn, Iowa City
- UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Safety Store on Iowa City Moms: 7:30 to 8 p.m. tomorrow, Facebook Live
- Support group for depression or bipolar disorder: 4 to 5 p.m. Sundays, W246 (Elevator B, Level 2), free, confidential. Call 319-384-8470.
- Quality and Safety Symposium and Research Poster Session: Wednesday, Nov. 20, and Thursday, Nov. 21, MERF
- There will be multiple overnight closures on the I-80/380 interchange tonight and tomorrow night, including all southbound U.S. 218 traffic tomorrow night.
- Are you a creative writer? Previously unpublished works of fiction or poetry are being sought for publication in a Carver College of Medicine anthology of creative writing. Submission deadline is Jan. 1, 2020.
- Are you interested in saving some money and joining a van pool for your daily work commute? To view current van pools and seat openings, visit transportation.uiowa.edu/van-pool-communities-0.
- Need new glasses? Schedule an eye exam with UI Optical. Two locations in Pomerantz Family Pavilion (Elevator L, Level 2); and UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing (Level 2). Use your health care flex account. Call 319-356-2852 to schedule an appointment.
- Want fewer emails? UI employees may opt out of certain categories of UI mass emails, such as student orgs and research recruitment. Log in to Employee Self Service and under “My Self Service” click on “mass email filter settings.”
Outside UI Health Care
UI Pharmaceuticals, a division within the College of Pharmacy, recently hired a new managing director to grow and expand the department, The Daily Iowan reports.
The multicultural showcase provided students with an opportunity to represent and celebrate their identities, The Daily Iowan reports.
Apple announced a $2.5 billion financial package to help address the housing crisis in California, which has worsened in part because of the rapid growth of tech companies, CNN reports.
With the resurgence of measles in the U.S., the vaccine landscape has changed, and states are tightening or eliminating exemptions in an effort to improve vaccination rates, ABC News reports.
The seaweed-based drug, called Oligomannate, can be used for the treatment of mild to moderate Alzheimer’s, according to a statement from China’s drug safety agency, CNN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.