We are caring for 744 inpatients and have 4,314 outpatient visits today.
High: 53 Low: 32 Cloudy
High: 47 Low: 35 Chance rain
Broadcasts: Need to know
Nursing Informatics will be hosting drop-in sessions for inpatient and outpatient nursing and ancillary staff in support of the Epic upgrade occurring on Dec. 7. The drop-in sessions will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, and Thursday, Dec. 5, in E178 GH (Elevator BE, Level 1).
News: In The Loop
Who are you grateful for? Want to say thanks? That’s the idea behind Project Thankful, a new tradition within UI Health Care. During this season of gratitude, we’re giving you simple ways to thank your colleagues and work friends for the work they do every day.
You heard right: Free patient parking and more affordable passes for our patients’ visitors are coming to UI Hospitals & Clinics on Tuesday, Dec. 3. Here are the most common questions we’ve received since we made the announcement last week.
While medical school is already a mountain to climb for third-year medical student Claire Castaneda, she has an added challenge: she writes. But if you ask her, she’ll tell you that her writing isn’t work at all.
“Miraculous.” That’s the word Jonathan M. Klein, MD, used to describe the one-year birthday celebrations of Keeley and Kambry Ewoldt, the world’s most premature twins, born at the University of Iowa.
Events: Join us
- Lung injury associated with vaping webinar: 10 a.m. tomorrow
- Complimentary Thanksgiving meal for employees who are working first, second, or third shift on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28
- Volunteer Services blood drive: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, East Room (Elevator D/F, Level 8 )
- The air-handling unit serving radiology on 3 JCP will be down today from 6 to 10 p.m. All infection control will be in place, along with negative air machines and air conditioning units as needed.
- Online delivery is a fast and secure way for UI employees to receive their year-end W-2 form. Set your delivery preference in Employee Self Service; preferences are saved from year to year.
- Construction will be taking place in the Fountain Lobby area beginning tonight at 6 p.m. and extending through 6 a.m. tomorrow. During this time, the hallway through this area will be narrowed.
Outside UI Health Care
A new UI study shows more than 80% of farm-related injuries are under-reported, KCRG reports.
A record number of travelers will be dealing with three storms nationwide that will add to the holiday stress, CNN reports.
Flu activity is picking up across the country, indicating an earlier start to this year’s flu season, particularly in the South and in the West, NBC News reports.
The burglars are said to have stolen historical jewelry, diamonds, and gems that amount to millions of dollars in loss and damages, ABC News reports.
Iowa football ended Illinois’ four-game winning streak on Saturday by picking up a victory in its last game in Kinnick in 2019, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.