We are caring for 714 inpatients and have 4,436 outpatient visits today.
Broadcasts: Need to know
Suresh Gunasekaran, CEO for UI Hospitals & Clinics, has announced exciting new changes to our patient parking rates that will begin Dec. 3, in partnership with UI Parking and Transportation. (Login required)
Departments can pick up trees and wreaths from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today and tomorrow, on the mezzanine level, Elevator K.
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for Nov. 19, 2019, for all updates and screenshots.
- New Patient Chart Advisory and BPA for CAR-T / Engineered Cellular Therapy and Systemic Glucocorticoids
- Renaming PICC Line Service to Vascular Access Nursing
- Additional Delay Reason for scheduling
- Standardizing Patient Lookup
Keeping you in The Loop
The public television program Information Matrix brought a film crew to Iowa City in order to document the work being done within the Fraternal Order of Eagles Diabetes Research Center for an episode titled “Reversing Diabetes.”
The college hopes to incorporate creative writing into the medical field by hosting its first creative writing contest for faculty, resident physicians, and postdoctoral fellows, The Daily Iowan reports.
Events: Join us
- Antibiotics Awareness Week information booth: until 4 p.m. today, Colloton Pavilion Lobby (Elevator F, Level 1) and tomorrow, near Nick’s Theater in UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (Level 1)
- Fourth Floor Salon holiday sale: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. tomorrow, and 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- Director of the National Institute of Mental Health lecture, Joshua Gordon, MD, PhD: “Opportunities and Challenges in Mental Health Research,” 2 to 3 p.m. tomorrow, 2117 MERF
- Ethics Rounds: Surrogate decision-makers, noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, Melrose Conference Room 1 and 2, 51005 PFP (Elevator M, Level 5)
- Fountain Lobby blood drive: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- People For People International Bazaar Sale: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- Remind patients and visitors about our Lost and Found at the Main Entrance Information Desk (Elevator E, Level 1), and remember to check for dentures, hearing aids, phone chargers, etc., as they leave. Call the Information Desk at 319-384-8591.
- Interpreting Services has a new process for written translation requests. Please submit all requests in a Word document to TranslationService@healthcare.uiowa.edu.
Outside UI Health Care
International Programs photo contest, new Global Student Award highlight 2019 International Education Week
UI students creatively captured moments for the 2019 International Programs Annual Photo Contest, Iowa Now reports.
An 84-year old Vietnam Air Force veteran had his dying dream come true last week, KCRG reports.
A small number of protesters remain inside a Hong Kong university campus that has been the site of a prolonged battle with police, CNN reports.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported two flu-related pediatric deaths this season, with influenza activity remaining low, though it has increased of late, USA Today reports.
Iowa’s defense played a big part in saving the game this weekend, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.