Keeping you in The Loop
Each year, the 100 Great Iowa Nurses program asks for patients, coworkers, friends, and family members to nominate an outstanding nurse for recognition. Congratulations to our 22 outstanding nurses who received this prestigious recognition.
Mary Charlton, PhD, a member of the Holden Epidemiology and Population Science Program and associate professor in the department of epidemiology in the College of Public Health, has been awarded a grant from the National Cancer Institute, to improve cancer care quality in rural hospitals.
Join us in welcoming our three newest UI Health Care providers who began last month: Anne Daggett, ARNP; Mary Haas, DO; and Roy Zhou, MD.
- The north cabs of Elevator I will not be available on Level 1 until May 25, while a flooring project is completed in the Level 1 Elevator I lobby.
- Beginning July 1, family medicine providers at UI Health Care–Scott Boulevard will be expanding their hours to better serve patients’ primary care needs, including physicals, return appointments, and chronic care management.
The Woman’s Resource and Action Center provides confidential assistance for anyone with concerns about discrimination, harassment, or violence.
We Stand Together
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, someone in the United States has a stroke every 40 seconds. Test your stroke knowledge by taking our quiz.
By the numbers
Total inpatients: 749 today
Total outpatient visits: 3,939 today
C-19 adult inpatients: 17 yesterday, 543 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 39 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 2% yesterday, 14% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 63 yesterday, 21,948 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 0 yesterday, 1,648 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 4 yesterday, 15,330 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 227 yesterday, 13,924 to date
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for May 4, 2021, for all updates and screenshots.
- New Inpatient MRI Order Depot and Updates to MRI Orders
- Inpatient Nursing Assessment BPA for Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) Vaccine & Order for Providers
- New BPA for Fully Vaccinated (COVID-19) Patients
- Bright Futures Questionnaires will File to Flowsheets
- Pre-procedure COVID-19 Testing Updates
- Decentralizing Influenza Like Illness (ILI) Workflows
- Removing Pre-Payment Requirement for COVID-19 Testing Related to Travel
- Inpatient MRI with Anesthesia – Anesthesia Provider
- Inpatient MRI with Anesthesia – Provider
- Inpatient MRI with Anesthesia – Clerk
- Enter an External Colonoscopy Result
- Placing Standing Orders
- Episodes of Car
Events: Join us
- Schwartz Center Rounds: “No Safe Option: Barriers to Discharge,” noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow, via Zoom.
- Men’s health virtual seminar: 6 p.m. tomorrow, via Zoom.
Outside UI Health Care
Over the last week, staff at Allen’s Orchard in Marion have planted about 1,000 trees, making up for losses suffered last August in the derecho, KCRG reports.
The system is available throughout downtown and surrounding districts like NewBo and the Czech Village, KWWL reports.
The capsule made a parachute landing in the Gulf of Mexico, returning four astronauts from a record-setting mission, CNN reports.
Both people found they had a lot in common, including a passion for art and brain science, NPR reports.
Four former Iowa football players heard their names called during the 2021 NFL Draft, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.