Keeping you in The Loop
Healing the healers: Q&A with Gerry Clancy
On an average day, Gerry Clancy, MD, walks roughly seven miles to check in with physicians and staff on the frontlines of patient care at UI Hospitals & Clinics. These conversations give him a clearer understanding of how the pandemic changed our mental and physical well-being.
Med school is a transformative experience
In this episode of The Short Coat Podcast, medical and physician assistant students talk about how they’ve changed during medical school, and a tenured health care professional considers going to medical school after 25 years as a dietitian.
- Nominations are currently being accepted for open University of Iowa Staff Council positions. The nomination deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, April 3.
- Employees experiencing symptoms of a respiratory illness should use the MyChart self-checker to determine next steps.
Did you know LinkedIn Learning offers more than 15,000 on-demand courses for professional development?
Today’s inpatients: 715
Today’s outpatient visits: 4,330
Visit COVID-19 by the numbers for more info
Epic: What’s New
See the Epic Status Report for March 21, 2023, for all updates and screenshots.
- Airway Assessment Documentation
- Cardiovascular Service Result Routing
- Standardizing Cath Lab Provider View
- Updated During Visit Imaging Order Priorities
- New Abdomen Enteric Tube Position Imaging Order
- New Order Question for Nuclear Myocardial Perfusion & PET/CT Myocardial Perfusion Stress Tests
- Updating name for Multidrug resistant organism
Access and Revenue
- New Epic Payor/Plans
- Epic Educational Resources
- Epic Training Schedules
Events: Join us
- Autism Basics webinar series: noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow via Zoom.
- Schwartz Rounds: ‘Through My Eyes: Valuing Disability and Accessibility in the Workplace,’ noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow via Zoom.
Outside UI Health Care
Johnson County improves general public health ranking
Data from the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute ranked Johnson County sixth out of Iowa’s 99 counties in terms of public health, a large jump from its ranking of 25 in 2020, The Daily Iowan reports.
Oldest pearl town found in UAE
Archaeologists have found the oldest pearling town—likely dating back to the sixth century—in the Persian Gulf on an island in the northern part of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the Associated Press reports.
Remains of an ancient glacier spotted on Mars
Scientists found the remains of a glacier near the Martian equator, suggesting that some form of water is still on the planet, CNN reports.
Iowa women’s basketball takes down Georgia, advances to NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Iowa women’s basketball earned its ninth trip to the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 after taking down Georgia yesterday, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.