We are caring for 710 inpatients and have 4,254 outpatient visits today.
High: 29 Low: 24 Cloudy
High: 34 Low: 22 Partly sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
Want better communications? Today is the last day to take our survey. Enter for a chance to win a gift card and help us improve communication within UI Health Care.
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for January 15, 2019, for all updates and screenshots.
- Suppressing In Basket result messages to encounter provider
- New Nursing Note
- Med student documentation changes
- 3M Coding and CDI system upgrade
- New departments
News: In The Loop
The Department of Psychiatry is moving several providers to UI Health Care’s Scott Boulevard location. Starting on Jan. 15, Lynda Green, ARNP, Shelly Hsiao, PA-C, and Brenda Hoskins-Mein, ARNP, will start seeing patients in the newly renovated clinic.
The Mollie Tibbetts Memorial Fund for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry continues to grow, honoring her legacy of helping others and her passion for child psychology. To date, the fund has reached over $67,000.
A new approach to denial management by Patient Financial Services (PFS) caught the attention of Healthcare Business Insights and was featured in their November Revenue Cycle Academy newsletter.
As Iowa faces a shortage of health care providers, the Carver College of Medicine is working to retain its in-state students and residents, The Daily Iowan reports.
Events: Join us
- Performance Leadership Training: 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, Ziffren Conference Room (Elevator H, Level 1)
- Peer Support Training: 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, East Room (Elevator D/F, Level 8); to register, email UIHC-COPE@healthcare.uiowa.edu
- Jimmy Buffet-inspired lunch: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18, Atrium Dining Room (Elevator E, Level 7)
- The Rossi Guest House is accepting donations of household items, toiletries, non-perishable food items, as well as new/gently used clothing. Items may be brought to Concierge Services (Elevator E, Level 1).
- The Institute for Clinical and Translational Science is sponsoring a new K Club. This club will provide support to junior faculty who aspire to become future K Scholars.
Outside UI Health Care
Several UI research teams are feeling the impact of the shutdown while they await withheld funding, resources, and support from affected agencies, The Daily Iowan reports.
The UI Lecture Committee will host Ron Stallworth, author of “Black Klansman,” at the Englert Theatre in Iowa City on Jan. 23. He will talk about his experiences infiltrating the Ku Klux Klan as a Colorado Springs detective, The Gazette reports.
Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Jeff Allen got to Saturday’s divisional playoff game on time thanks to a homeless man who helped pull Allen’s stuck car out of the snow, KWWL reports. Allen is returning the favor with a ticket to Sunday’s AFC Championship game.
Researchers suggest it could be tied to the way we behave as humans—constantly working, connected, and living in a 24/7 culture, CNN reports.
*Subscription service, limited access
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.