We are caring for 752 inpatients and have 4,381 outpatient visits today.
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for January 14, 2020, for all updates and screenshots.
- Updating ordering process for Ped Cath Lab procedures
- Additional Defer Reasons added to referral work queues
Keeping you in The Loop
A patient’s family recognized Morganne Pfaffle, BSN, RN, of the Surgical and Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit, for her compassionate and positive care.
The next candidate is Vikas R. Dharnidharka, MD, MPH, who will present “Post Transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders: How a Rare Disease Can Teach Us More About Immunology, Cancer, Virology, and Genomics,” noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow in the Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2).
Yazan Hasan, MBBS, has worn a lot of hats in his nearly 10 years at the UI, including resident, chief resident, hospitalist, and now second year fellow in the Gastroenterology Fellowship.
Events: Join us
- Frontiers in Pediatric Research Seminar: Suneet Agarwal, MD, PhD, noon to 1 p.m. today, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Yoga for UI Health Care employees and volunteers: 5:15 p.m. every Monday, Activity Gym, 1701 JPP (Elevator J, Level 1); $5 per person
- Men’s Health Seminar: The impact of weightlifting and high-impact activities on your pelvic floor, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. tonight, Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping, 2761 Oakdale Blvd Suite #1, Coralville
- January Fountain Lobby blood drive: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- Safety in the Lab Seminar: 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2117 MERF
- Commuter alert: Weather permitting, I-80 W to I-380 N ramp will be closed nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. tonight through Friday morning, Jan. 17.
- The newborn nursery protocol will be live starting tomorrow. Newborn nursery providers will no longer be entering routine newborn orders for well newborn babies, including late preterm infants. This will be done by OB and newborn nursing.
- Staff, faculty, and students can purchase their own copy of the new Evidence-Based Practice in Action or download the tools featured in the book by filling out this online form or contacting email@example.com.
- Do you have one of our jumbo cards from the Project Thankful campaign? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the location of the card so that we can arrange for them to be picked up.
Outside UI Health Care
UI officials said they were not aware newly-appointed associate dean for the arts and humanities Roland Racevski had been arrested for OWI and child endangerment at the time of his hire, The Daily Iowan reports.
With excellent health care, walkability, and low cost of living, Iowa City rounds out the list of U.S. cities with the highest life expectancy, Parade reports.
An Iowa City auto shop provides tips on why some out-of-the-box remedies for icy windshields may actually harm vehicles, KWWL reports.
Authorities say at least 11 people have died in severe storms across much of the U.S., bringing dangerous winds across the South and snow and ice to parts of the Great Plains and Midwest, NPR reports.
According to Reuters, a Chinese woman has been quarantined in Thailand with a mystery strain of coronavirus, the first time it’s been detected outside China.
A conference championship and a trip to the Super Bowl will be on the line next Sunday as the Titans play the Chiefs and the Packers play the 49ers, ESPN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.