We are caring for 722 inpatients and have 4,478 outpatient visits today.
High: 44 Low: 13 Chance snow
High: 25 Low: 14 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
An upgrade to the pneumatic tube system will require an entire tube system shutdown on the main campus which will begin at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10. The shutdown should last approximately eight hours.
Epic 2019 upgrade complete
The Epic system upgrade to version 2019 was completed on Saturday, Dec. 7, at 2:48 a.m. All systems are in service. Refer to the Epic Upgrade 2019 site for educational materials. Questions or issues? Call the HCIS Help Desk at 319-356-0001.
News: In The Loop
Nancy Adams, administrative specialist in the VPMA office, often creates seating charts for various events she plans. Recently, teammate Max Freund had the idea to create an out-of-the-box solution, changing the way Nancy works.
Welcome to our most recent UI Health Care providers who started during the month of November: Gabe Kringlen, MS, LGC, Miranda Maday, MSW, LISW, Amanda Ehret, PA-C, and Courtney Seffker, PA-C.
Events: Join us
- Community Engagement Lecture: Engaging Students in Communities to Research Health Habits, noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow, C44-A GH (Elevator BW, Level 4)
- Weight Watchers holiday open house: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, Braley Auditorium (Elevator K, Lower Level)
- Starting tomorrow, all prescription printing will begin transitioning to “plain paper prescriptions” across the main UI Hospitals & Clinics facility. Prescriptions will no longer print on pre-printed prescription paper. Implementation is currently occurring by pavilion.
- Commuter alert: Weather permitting, all I-80 lanes will be closed just east of the I-80/I-380 interchange nightly from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. tomorrow through Friday morning, Dec. 13, in addition to the ramp from I-380 southbound to I-80 eastbound.
- Nominations are open for the 2020 Discovery and Innovation Awards. Nominations are due Feb. 4, 2020.
Outside UI Health Care
Some of the “on and off” ramps on I-380 in Cedar Rapids will be closed for utility work this week starting today, KCRG reports.
Zozibini Tunzi was crowned Miss Universe after excelling through rounds of swimsuit and evening gown struts, questions on social issues, and one final chance to explain why she was the right choice, CCN reports.
About 50 people, New Zealanders as well as foreign tourists, are believed to have been nearby at the time, and several were seen near the rim of the crater minutes before the eruption, Reuters reports.
Students in Alice Henshaw’s Wilderness Medical Associates CPR training course can practice on a Womanikin, designed to help trainees understand that compressions should be performed the same way on women’s bodies as men’s, NPR reports.
The Hawkeyes will get a chance to face a historically dominant USC program in the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 27, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.