We are caring for 689 inpatients and have 4,427 outpatient visits today.
High: 35 Low: 27 Sunny
High: 43 Low: 30 Mostly cloudy
Broadcasts: Need to know
Two major parking changes are going into effect tomorrow: Free patient parking (with a Patient Parking Pass) and more affordable multi-day passes for our patients’ visitors (with a Visitor Parking Pass Booklet).
Please note the self-serve pay-in-lane stations (that you see while leaving the ramps) will not be functional tomorrow; we will let people know when these are functional.
News: In The Loop
A recent situation at UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing prompted Sydney Sedivec, medical assistant, to take time to thank Shelly Searles, paramedic, for her can-do attitude.
Researchers at the UI Carver College of Medicine and the VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology in Belgium are investigating a poorly understood mechanism used by the immune system to fight infections.
Events: Join us
- College of Medicine Spotlight on Current and Future Research: 4 to 5 p.m. tonight, 1459 PBDB
- Girls Go STEM!: 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, MERF, for girls in grades 6 through 8
- Holidays with Dance Marathon: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, Second Floor Ballroom, Iowa Memorial Union
- Fourth Floor Salon holiday sale: 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Dec. 16, and Tuesday, Dec. 17, Fountain Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1)
- The Epic upgrade on Dec. 7 will include a vertical “Storyboard” which will eliminate the horizontal Patient Identification Line. To learn more, review “Storyboard Overview” and “Storyboard PPT–Clinical Roles” on the Epic upgrade site.
- Commuter alert: There will be overnight closures of Interstate 380 tomorrow evening beginning at 7 p.m.
- “Warm the Sole” sock drive is now on Level 1 near Elevator E. Buy an extra pair of socks while you’re out shopping and donate them for local nonprofits.
- Did you know that the UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Safety Store offers a wide variety of low-cost child safety products? With any purchase of more than $25 between Dec. 2 and 20, you’ll be registered to win an UppaBaby Minu Stroller.
Outside UI Health Care
The Nusser family has lived and breathed the jewelry business for over 100 years, The Daily Iowan reports.
Iowa’s Ride, the new cross-state cycling event started by former RAGBRAI employees, announced the route for its inaugural ride, Little Village Magazine reports.
For many, leftovers are easily the best part of the entire holiday, CNN reports.
Abdullah al-Rabeeah, a pediatric surgeon and adviser to the Saudi Royal Court, has spearheaded a program that separates conjoined twins from around the world, ABC News reports.
In its five ranked matchups, top-ranked Iowa took home five wins for a dominant win over No. 6 Wisconsin, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.