We are caring for 756 inpatients and have 4,054 outpatient visits today.
High: 83 Low: 69 Partly sunny
High: 86 Low: 70 Chance T-storms
Broadcasts: Need to know
Weather permitting, the ramp from I-80 Westbound to I-380 Northbound will be closed nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. beginning tonight, Aug. 19, through next Wednesday morning, Aug. 28. See map of detour.
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for Aug. 20, 2019, for all updates and screenshots.
- Pneumococcal updates for pediatric patients
- PHQ Screening Welcome Questionnaire filing to Flowsheets
- Updating travel screening
- Isolation workflow changes
- Updating Current WQ column on Appointment Desk
- Identifying high no show rate
- New Payor and Plan Records Requested by PFS and UICC
- New departments
News: In The Loop
Last Saturday, Aug. 10, the Iowa Hawkeyes hosted a special, behind-the-scenes tour of Kinnick for this year’s Kid Captains. Take a look at the fun they had with Hawkeye football players.
Current medical student Omar Shaban participated in the Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) in 2015. This experience made his dream of becoming a physician a reality.
Thanks to all of our July Making a Difference Award winners for their hard work and compassionate care including Lovkesh Arora, Allen Dales, Lynnde Leitzen, Paige Davison, and many others.
Events: Join us
- Project Art presents John Lake and Strange Brew classic rock: noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow, Rooftop Café (Elevator F, Level 8)
- Mentoring Workshop series for junior faculty: 3 to 4 p.m. on Mondays beginning Sept. 16 and ending Nov. 4, C44-A GH (Elevator BW, Level 4)
- Hills Bank Financial Wellness Class: “Identify Theft and Fraud Investing in Real Estate,” noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, Melrose Conference Center (Elevator L, Level 5)
- Prior to your child’s back-to-school physical, stop by the Safety Store in UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (Level 1) for a Buzzy, which uses vibration and cold sensation to reduce the pain of needlesticks. Questions? Call 319-356-3543.
- UI employees can use the UI Recreational Services facilities at a reduced rate of $19.50 per month if they complete certain criteria. There are four facilities with exercise equipment, courts, group fitness classes, pools, and more.
Outside UI Health Care
Panera Bread in the Old Capitol Mall is the first in Panera location in Iowa to use delivery drivers exclusively without cars, the Iowa City Press-Citizen reports.
Table-to-Table—a partner of UI Hospitals & Clinics—helps feed 19,000 people in Johnson County, a task that would be impossible to do without volunteer Jerry Swails, who goes above and beyond, KCRG reports.
An Iowa school district is considering installing solar panels on 17.3 acres of land it recently purchased near the high school, KCCI reports.
Hong Kong is gearing up for further protests this week after hundreds of thousands of anti-government demonstrators braved heavy rain to rally peacefully, Reuters reports.
As people search for alternative ways to manage pain, virtual reality is attracting renewed attention, NPR reports.
McCown announced his retirement in June, but his stay away from the NFL was short-lived, NBC reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.