We are caring for 710 inpatients and have 3,820 outpatient visits today.
High: 83 Low: 70 Storms
High: 85 Low: 65 Mostly cloudy
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for Aug. 13, 2019, for all updates and screenshots.
- Pilot of E-Consent forms
- Appointment Reminder Default and Encounter Reminder Preference for Community Connect
News: In The Loop
What does it take to move an entire in vitro fertilization clinic? A police escort, hydraulic lifts, and months of planning, to name just a few things.
As gun violence escalates across the U.S., UI Hospitals & Clinics is bracing for the possibility of a local tragedy in an emergency readiness drill, the Iowa City Press-Citizen reports.
*Subscription service, limited access
Kids at Kinnick on Saturday had some special guests, the 2019 Kid Captains, KWWL reports.
Welcome: New Carver College of Medicine students start today
Welcome to all of our new medical students! We are happy to have you here!
Events: Join us
- Webinar: How to get more done (with less stress): 11:30 to noon tomorrow, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4), recording of live session
- Project Art presents Artes Latinas: noon to 1 p.m. tomorrow, Rooftop Café (Elevator F, Level 8)
- Goatapalooza Yoga to benefit Iowa Marrow Donor Program: 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 13, Big Grove Brewery
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy program: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Sept. 10 to Oct. 29, UI Health Care–Scott Blvd
- Pediatric Pancreatitis Education Day: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, Pediatric Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2); intended for patients and family members. Register by Oct. 1.
- Beat the back-to-school rush. Evening and weekend well-child appointments are available this summer to help you get back-to-school checkups, immunizations, and clearance for sports crossed off your to-do list.
- Stop by to see the Hills Bank Wealth Management team on Mondays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Fountain Entrance (Elevator C, Level 1) and be entered for a monthly drawing. Some products and services offered are not FDIC insured, carry no bank guarantee, and may lose value.
Outside UI Health Care
The multiple study abroad experiences completed by recent UI nursing graduate Megan Lough shaped her career prospects—and her outlook on life, the University of Iowa reports.
Rain, wind, and cloudy weather normally don’t mix well with airplanes, but that didn’t stop the Iowa City Aerohawks from putting on their 27th annual Radio Controlled Air Show, KCRG reports.
A widespread outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease has killed one person and sickened possibly dozens of others who were all guests at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, CBS reports.
At least 33 people have been killed and several people remain missing after a typhoon made landfall in eastern China, NPR reports.
Prosecutors say one young Utah man made himself a drug kingpin by creating counterfeit prescription painkillers laced with the deadly drug and mailing them to homes across the U.S., The Associated Press reports.
Simone Biles captured a record-tying sixth U.S. all-around title by a hefty 4.95 points this weekend, NBC reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.