We are caring for 662 inpatients and have 4,448 outpatient visits today.
High: 77 Low: 44 Sunny
High: 64 Low: 38 Sunny
Epic: What’s new
See the Epic Status Report for April 9, 2019, for all updates and screenshots.
- New workflow for Discharge Summary notes
- Change to billing options
- New departments
News: In The Loop
In honor of National Volunteer Week, we’re spotlighting just a few of our fabulous volunteers this week. Jia Ong, an undergraduate student and a College Student Leader Board member in Volunteer Services, has donated over 800 hours at UI Hospitals & Clinics.
Welcome our new providers from the past month: Hatem El-Shanti, MD, medical geneticist and professor, and Lauren T. Hughes, DNP, ARNP, nurse practitioner in psychiatry.
Events: Join us
- Celebrate National Library Week: today through Friday, April 13, Patients’ Library (Elevator F, Level 8) and the Janice and Bruce Ellig Children’s Library UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital (Level 1)
- Excellence Every Time: morning or afternoon sessions April 9, April 10, Sept. 24, or 25, Coralville Marriott
- TriNetX Training: 2 p.m. tomorrow, location provided after registering
- LGBTQ-Focused Sexual Dysfunction Seminar: 6 p.m. tomorrow, UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing. The UI Men’s Health Program offers all therapies to restore sexual function.
- CANCELED: New Hire Orientation: Wednesday, April 10, East Room (Elevator D, Level 8); new hires will automatically be enrolled in the session on Wednesday, April 24
- Community health education, support groups, and free screenings. What do these have in common? They’re all examples of community benefit! Learn more about community benefit on The Point, under Administration and Staff.
- Purchase gift cards for restaurants, gas, retail stores, and more at the Kaleidoscope Gift Shop and Safety Store (Level 1), UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital. They accept cash, Visa/Mastercard/Discover, or staff charge.
Outside UI Health Care
The newest partnership between the city and university moved more than 1,000 tons of salt and sand off the sidewalks and streets after a long winter, The Daily Iowan reports.
A 9-year-old southern Iowa girl was recently rewarded for her heroic efforts that potentially saved her babysitter’s life, KCCI reports.
A national park in Florida has captured a record 17-foot python using an innovative approach to tackling the invasive species, BBC reports.
Earth’s glaciers are losing 369 billion tons of snow and ice each year, more than half of that in North America, KWWL reports.
The Baylor Lady Bears are national champions for the third time after they defeated the Notre Dame Fighting Irish 82-81, CNN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.